Author Topic: Pet behaviour spray, is it safe to use on plants?  (Read 1326 times)

Offline kp76

• Adult Cat
Re: Pet behaviour spray, is it safe to use on plants?
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 23:38:50 PM »
Just to clarify i didn't mean pebbles to throw at him either. I meant to put round the base of the plant. I don't think i'll ever be 'bad mummy' after all i'm the one that feeds him & operates his beloved da bird. He just thinks it's a great game now. Lets see how long it takes the human slave to get up the stairs when i rustle the leaves on this plant.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 23:21:28 PM »
No not a supersoaker   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:   It a very effective way of deterring kitties and doesn't involve your having to shout at them or scare them ..so you don't become "bad mummy".
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline kp76

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 23:07:12 PM »
I hadn't thought of that. Obviously not the supersoaker type. Lol. I do intend to get soon heavyish pebbles to deter him.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 22:57:39 PM »
Have you tried a water pistol / plant spray as a deterrent.  As soon as Alfie goes near the plant or looks like he's going to sit on it ... a quick squirt of water should put him off.   Don't let him see you squirting him though ... that way he'll associate the plant with water and will hopefully give up going near it!!! Cunning  ;)

Offline kp76

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 22:53:33 PM »
 :rofl: i could do with the plant behaving too. It's now falling over because of Alfie sitting in the middle of it. I've tried spraying the pot & the carpet but it's not working. He's so funny when i catch him he looks at me as if to say it wasn't me & rolls over. He knows he's doing wrong but can't help himself. I'm trying a firm 'no' & blowing in his face but it doesn't work where this is concerned. Bless him he's so cute when i catch him it's so hard not to laugh.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 22:41:10 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: sorry I actually thought one of your plants had been misbehaving and you were trying to "train" it.

I would try spraying the spray round the plant pot and maybe on the carpet nearby rather than actually on the plant ... plants can be sensitive to sprays!

Offline kp76

• Adult Cat
Pet behaviour spray, is it safe to use on plants?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 22:34:36 PM »
Does anyone know if it's ok to use the pet behaviour spray you get at PAH on plants? Alfie keeps sitting in the pot & digging the compost & bark onto my lovely cream carpets. He knows it's wrong but can't help it. It's that bad i've had to prop the poor plant up.

Link to CatChat