Author Topic: Scaredy cat Poppy is now brave  (Read 1327 times)

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
Re: Scaredy cat Poppy is now brave
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 21:33:36 PM »
Lovley pictures of them all, thankyou ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 20:36:32 PM »
Glad she's settled in now  :) She's beautiful, can't believe those gorgeous boys would be mean to her though! Hope they can be the bestest of friends in time  :)

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 20:31:46 PM »
Here of some pics of Poppy and her brothers, Riley and Digby. Poppy's face is difficult to photograph as she's black - but she's very fluffy with silky fur and gorgeous. Riley and Digby are big boys. Digby's the black and white one, Riley the ginger.

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 20:09:31 PM »
Ahhh thats a lovely story well done you :Luv2: Have you posted any pictures of poppy?

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 20:03:37 PM »
Its so lovely to hear stories like this, although it may be slow progress, its lovely when they gradually start to trust in you and gain their confidence day by day  :Luv:

Well done you, it sounds like Poppy has landed on her paws in adopting you  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 19:55:07 PM »
It's wonderful when they start unfolding like that isn't it! Its a wonderful reward for being so patient - well done you!

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
Scaredy cat Poppy is now brave
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 19:53:29 PM »
I adopted Poppy last September and she was very traumatised. Had been kept in a single room since she was a kitten for three years and terrorised by 2 big dogs and mistreated. When she came to me she was still terrified and you couldn't really touch her without getting swipe.

We had some problems when she came and for a few months she had a lot of accidents and really didn't leave her room. Digby and Riley were a bit mean too. But she is now doing fabulously and I am so pleased I perservered. (I was wondering if she would be better off as an only cat) She is now coming downstairs, playing in front of the boys, not legging every time they look her way, standing her ground and wants lots of attention. And she hasn't had an accident for ages.

She still isn't ready for proper cuddles but we're really making progress. I'm so glad I adopted her.

Link to CatChat