Author Topic: Collar irritation?  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Collar irritation?
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 00:18:51 AM »
Is she mirco-chipped ?

If she is i would just leave the collar off xx

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 18:52:41 PM »
no its not a flea collar, it feels pretty soft inside, doesn't feel like it would rub, but its got some fur stuck to it

Tiggy's mum, It sounds very similar to Tiggy's collar, it has reflective bits on the front and has a sort of felt backing

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 18:48:33 PM »
I don't know if it's the same thing but Tiggy wore a reflective collar with a felt back to it and while it didn't cause her any discomfort whatsoever she had a bald patch underneath the top layer of fur where the collar was as she'd worn one for so long (almost 19 years!).

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 18:46:59 PM »
Is it a flea collar? And what material is it made of, a soft safety collar shouldnt rub her hair away, some collars iv seen are really quite rigid  :shocked:

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
Collar irritation?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 18:13:20 PM »
Hi everyone, I haven't been on here in a while, i have a quick question!
I was just having a cuddle with lacie when i noticed the fur is pretty much bald underneath her collar, i had a look on the internet and read that it could be because its too tight but i could get 2 fingers underneath like you're supposed to be able to, another thing I read about is an allergy to the collar material but shes had the collar for 10 mths and the skin is healthy, not red or sore and it doesn't bother her, i've taken it off for now but i'm reluctant to keep it off because i don't like her going outside without it! Do you think it is anything to worry about?

Link to CatChat