Author Topic: The Vets visit!  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: The Vets visit!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 20:51:12 PM »
Our largest vets visit is 10 cats and Jazz the JRT this visit is in June and December and also involves ferals in crush cages and a change over so number 3 can be crushed to its for the vets safety really as Pebbles and Storm at 4 kgs and 3kgs respectively are fliipers and can impale everthing they have even when scruffed yet in the house are little purr poppets and Sabrina a 5 kg lady who is lean mean and leggy!

We can do this lot in and out in 40 mins now we have the vet trained and they have all the stuff lined up ready to go

To be honest I feel very strange only going in with one cat box - the receptionist are usually looking for the door to open with Robin and a couple more cat boxes lol! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 15:11:59 PM »
That's a big vet visit. I've never taken more than 2 of mine in together and that can be handful enough depending on which two.

How did you remember it all?!

Good luck with Inca and Gem.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 15:12:25 PM by fourfurballs »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 15:06:49 PM »
I know the feeling, the job lot of bozita I got will end up with my mum and her former stray I think!  hope the uncertainty over your job is sorted out now Liz

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 14:58:43 PM »
Rymadyl is what the vets recommend as it lasts for up to 4 days on Gem and she is ok with metacam if we feel she needs a top up

Gem is a wobbly wee soul but still eating so with vets advice she is off in next Monday for a full MOT to see if we can get to the bottom of her problem.  Inca will be accompanying her for a major dental - must remind them he is a nervous ferl not usually nasty but we shall see

So we hope things go well for both of them

Septembers vets bills now up with Augusts and we hope October will be bring just the normal bill so we can feed them!  We tried cheaper biscuits and even the outside ferals won't eat them! :shocked:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 12:09:01 PM »
Crikey, where do you fit them all?? I am surprised the vet gave a Rimadyl injection though, now that Metacam is licenced for cats, it should be the first thing given - I know they can't give tablets without special permission, thought the same was for the injectable form.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 01:08:56 AM »
Yikes Liz, going with one or two is stressful enough - don't know how you do it!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 19:43:40 PM »
Wow, that's a vet visit and a half!!!!

How do you get that many cats into carriers  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
The Vets visit!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 15:27:37 PM »
Well today we had 7 cats - Inca, Bailey, Phoenix, Maverick, Shadow, Harvey and Gem at the vet and Sky the BC for his booster

It went as follows:  Phoenix - vet I can feel little lumps on him - its only sticky Burrs and his heart murmer is the samer as last time but he is a bit frothy in the mouth - one Program 80 injection and back in the box - weight same as last year

Bailey apart from givng us number 1, 2'2 and his anals and not smelling very nice everything ok and one Program 80 and wieght same as last year!

Maverick - vet notices he has only 3 legs and asks if we amputated leg and how did he get on - Maverick was born that way, has no issues with it apart from people thinking he limps!  Weight the same as last year and Program 80

Shadow - he weighs in at nearly 8 kgs vet asks can he weigh him Shadow then informs vet with hiss and impale no chance so he gets his Program whilst hissing soundly at the vet!  Vet thinks he is nice for one of our ferals but did look nervous! 

Harvey - Full boosters, Program 40 he only weighs 3.8kgs and vet checked him since his last 2 day stay with a low temperature - Harvey is given clean bill of health but vet concerned he looks tired - reply he always looks this way!

Inca - another feral boy all Black and Mavericks full brother - he weighs the same as last year but will be having a full dental and several extractions as his mouth is a mess - vets words - he has always had bad teeth and gums as he wasn't trapped till 8 weeks after Maverick and by then nobody wanted a 20 week old feral - so we took him on and haven't looked back

Gem - she just isn't her perky self so we took her along and she got a Rymadyl shot and will be knocked out at the same time as Inca and will be having xrays and full bloods sent of the Glasgow to see whats wrong with out little tortie - very puzzling reallyu as she eats like a horse, all bowel functions normal but just seems depreessed - do female cats get postnatal depression - vet won't spey her yet either so we have a depressed tortie currently although she purred up a storm at the vet and even walked and sat nice on the scales!

Sky got a clean bill of health apart from an ear infection

We then left without paying bill due to queue - Robin is paying tomorrow!!!!!! :shocked:

Link to CatChat