Author Topic: Help for the Newbie!!  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Help for the Newbie!!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 13:03:13 PM »
 :welcome:

Keep it clean and get him in as soon as you can, they are mucky things so antibiotics are a good idea to get

Love their names btw!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 11:51:33 AM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs

Until you can get him to the vet you can bathe the area with a mild salt water solution.  Here is just about everything you need to know about abcesses: http://www.downlandvets.co.uk/Pages/Clinical/Pages/CBAbscess.html

Looking forward to hearing all about your new boys.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 11:29:23 AM »
I agree  , sounds like a cat bite abcess to me - Fredcat has had  few in his time. A vet visit will soon sort him out. Now about these photots.............................................. :naughty:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:29:14 AM »
I'm no vet, I'm sure one of the experienced rescue people will see this thread soon and let you know what they think!

Offline newmum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 11:27:01 AM »
I will post some as soon as they will stay still for long enough!!!!

I am struggling to get into the vet...will bathing and monitoring be ok in the meantime?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 11:24:39 AM »
sounds like it could be an abscess, a trip to the vet will sort him out, he might need some antibiotics - welcome by the way, you'll be asked to post photos so be prepared!!!

Offline newmum

• Adult Cat
Help for the Newbie!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:22:22 AM »
Hello all! This is my first post!!  :scared:

I am the proud new mum of 2 rescue cats called Freddie and Nigel!! Both are black short haired with brilliant personalities!!

About a week ago i felt some matted fur on the back of freddies head, towards the bottom of his neck. Last night when i was playing with him i noticed the fur getting wet and when i investigated i found that there was also some yellow puss ( though not a lot). I have cleaned it as best i can, the little rascal does not like being held!! I have noticed that it has left a small hole and the fur round it has also gone a bit gross because of the discharge that there was. I have checked him again this morning and it looks better than it was, it is slightly pink but does not look inflammed and there is no sign of anymore yellowness but as a new mum i am worried about him!! He is still eating and was happily crying away for his breakfast this morning and then came up for some fuss when i was trying to dry my hair!! He does not seem to be in any pain and is quite happy for me to stroke him there and have a look but not so keen on the bathing!!!!

Just after some advice really!

Thanks

Link to CatChat