Author Topic: Joe inglis site - lots of info and videos re health & behaviour  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Joe inglis site - lots of info and videos re health & behaviour
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 19:36:57 PM »
I'm sure it's fine with a vet as he would know if it went down properly -  but Joe Public might not be as adept as Joe Inglis  :evillaugh:

It doesnt matter who shoves it down the throat, a dry swallow is the same and it would still linger in the oesophagus so water or food is the way to go

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 21:15:10 PM »
He had to be pretty adept with Oscar - he snapped like a dog at the first sign of a pill. I reckon he got the technique from the head vet :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 21:13:39 PM »
I'm sure it's fine with a vet as he would know if it went down properly -  but Joe Public might not be as adept as Joe Inglis  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 21:14:04 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 21:11:39 PM »
Yes , he probably should. Im sure his boss Mr jackson would (well he did me) but on all the occasions Joe has treated any of my cats I have always been more than happy with him.

BTW fir all that watch the video imagine that room with two ginger kittens literally running round the walls...................and the poor vet saying 'well at least they seem to like it here!' :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 21:13:50 PM by Kirst »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 21:07:05 PM »
I still think he should advise water or food after tablets to be safe.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 21:05:54 PM »
Well I have to say in his defence mine did when he did it................................

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 21:00:32 PM »
I enjoyed the one demonstrating giving a worming pill, I wonder how many others find it so easy. None of my cats would just sit there like the one in the video.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Joe inglis site - lots of info and videos re health & behaviour
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 19:49:46 PM »
Haven't seen them all but they don't mention giving water or food after pilling which is important.

http://www.petskitchen.co.uk/joe-and-jills/cat-clinic.asp

Edit - I just saw his tips for urine marking. He doesn't mention taking the cat for a check up to rule out medical issues - surprising for a vet  :Crazy: - also not too happy about his advice to use a water pistol or throw a bucket of water over invading cats  >:( :Crazy:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 19:56:55 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat