Author Topic: Kitten Vaccinations  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Kitten Vaccinations
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 09:30:24 AM »
We have for the last few years had all our cats/kittens vaccinated so that will amounts to thousands. Only with 2 cats have there been any problems  and one of those was last week when I took Bodger & Badger. About 3 days after the injection I noticed one of them had been a little sick but both looked very well so I do not know which one. I offered a bit of tuna to each Bodger ate hers but Badger did not want to know, and this was very odd as they fall on food as if they have not eaten for a month. Feeling a bit of a fraud because she looked so well I decided to still ring the vet and ask if they would see her. The vet agreed she look so well  and did not feel hot. However on taking her temperature it was 104. Eric gave me a brownie point and said he did not know how I picked up on it so early and I had done well, my head hardly got through the door. He gave her an injection and antibiotics and also some for Bodger, just in case. Now she is back to normal. I will say though that they did not have the FeLV injection as they are to be homed as indoor only cats.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 14:29:24 PM »
Hello Kate and   :welcome:  to Purrs

Glad that your kitty is much better, I had a very bad experience myself:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,6283.0.html

You need to think about what you are going to do in three weeks time when the second dose is due, as already mentioned on here it is probably the leukemia part of the jab that was making your kitty poorly.

Good luck and keep us informed.

:ahh:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 14:19:31 PM »
Glad se is feeling better. It is quiet usual for them to be off colour for a day or so.
I personally DON'T have the FeLV done on any of my cats x

Offline kate_hammo

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 12:27:49 PM »
Hi guys,
Thanks for all your help and reassurance, the little one is much better today. She has stopped shaking, can walk properly and is much happier within herself. I think the last side effects are wearing off today as she is just looking genuinely sorry for herself today.
Thanks again,
Katie. 

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 20:22:29 PM »
Yes,  :welcome: to Purrs, Katie.

A quick call to the vet to be on the safe side.  We can all have side effects from injections but you can describe this reaction to your vet and see what s/he says.

Please let us know how your little one gets on.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 20:12:20 PM »
Did she have the felv jab? Its common for that to cause side effects.
I would phone the vet and see what they advise

:welcome: btw  ;D

Offline kate_hammo

• Kitten
Kitten Vaccinations
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 20:10:29 PM »
Hi I'm Katie.
My nine week old kitten had her jabs today. When she came home she was playing for a while until she went to sleep. She slept for a few hours (which is quite normal for her) but when she got up she was shaking, didn't want to be touched, generally lathargic and looks very scared.
Not sure what to do. Am i just being paranoid? Is this normal?

Link to CatChat