Author Topic: cat litters  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Christina

• Adult Cat
Re: cat litters
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 15:18:54 PM »
hmmmm, lovely! ill defo get another tray then. i am aware of settling in a new cat, and how they have to be kept separate etc. i really hope they bond in the end! both cats are quite laid back and friendly, so hopeully fingers crossed! thanks for the advice guys! wish me luck!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 10:31:47 AM »
Definately put another tray down, if new cat is used to going outside she wont be happy about using a tray that someone else!
I wouldnt get too small a tray or you'll get over hang and a nice pressie on the floor  ;)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 19:54:38 PM »
....and a magic wand I send you hoping the cats will bond straight away  :scared: Chances are you will have to keep them apart for a while so you will defo need 2 trays anyway.....make sure you have a tray not too far away from the new cat (where puss settles or hides!).

On the issue of smaller trays....in theory yes it should work....alas mine would put more litter on the floor, over spill etc....I'd go for medium to large trays to save the huge inconvenience of smaller trays.... ;)

"Good Luck"  ;D

Offline Garfield&Gypsy

• Senior Cat
  • Garfield
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 17:19:06 PM »
the magic number is one per cat + one extra, but you should be fine with just two. It just prevents a single cat dominating the tray and preventing the other using it. I would recommend putting the two trays in different rooms.
Nicola, Chris, Garfield & Gypsy

I cannot deny that a cat lover and his cat have a master/slave relationship. The cat is the master.

Offline Christina

• Adult Cat
cat litters
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 17:14:06 PM »
hello everyone,
                       I just wondered if anybody can hel me with a quick question ive got regarding litter trays! in the next few weeks, we will be getting a new cat living with us. we already have a 1 and a half year old little girll cat. She uses a litter tray all the time. she goes out but for some reason doesnt toilet outsdie. when the new cat comes,  will we need to get a second litter tray? the new cat doesnt have a tray where she is at the moment as shes goes out all the time, but obviously, she will need one for the first few weeks at ours, and during the day while we are at work as we keep the cats in when we are out. 
we only have a small flat so are a bit limited for space.if we will need two trays, do people do different sizes? weve got quite a small space where trays can go, so if we were to have two, they would need to be slimline if possible! thanks for any suggestions!

Link to CatChat