Author Topic: twitching  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: twitching
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 08:59:16 AM »
that's good news, it is when she is relaxing, night time is when she has time with us because her relationship with Amber isn't the best we keep her upstairs on her own at night.  Amber is oh's limpet so nobody else gets a look in  with him during the day so at bedtime Star has him all to herself and lies on his chest and purrs and gets fuss and that's when it starts so I imagine she is relaxing so hopefully it is just as you say bc

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 20:08:48 PM »
I have had loads of cats who do this, usually in that period when they are making the transition from awake to sleep, or have just fallen asleep. I think it can be compared with that twitch some of us have when we are on the edge of sleep (well, I do) when you are suddenly jerked awake because your leg or your whole body gives a twitch ... More a nervous resistance to going to sleep than anything else. so unless it is accompanied by other symptoms that suggest some neurological disorder I would not be too worried ... ;D

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 15:16:28 PM »
Mine only does it when he's awake too

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 15:14:25 PM »
no she is wide awake it seems to be when she starts to relax she'll be looking at you and her whiskers and ears just start going

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 15:12:56 PM »
Our two do this too - but usually only when asleep. If they are doing it in their sleep, its the same as when humans twitch in their sleep - its called "sleep-spindles", and is usually associated with dreaming and deep sleep. Does Star only twich in her sleep, or does she do this while awake too?

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 15:06:39 PM »
My cat twitches sometimes too.  His leg goes and last night his ear was twitching for a while.  Have mentioned it to vet but they, too, don't seem over concerned.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
twitching
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 11:12:45 AM »
Star has loads of facial tics and I'm not really sure what to make of it, she sleeps up with us and usually has a cuddle on oh chest before going to the top of the wardrobe to her cushion to bed and that's when we notice them most, her whiskers and ears just move around like she has no control - I mentioned it to the vet last time she was in for jabs and they didn't seem too bothered but not of the others have this does anyone else have a cat that does this?

Link to CatChat