Author Topic: food aggression  (Read 1311 times)

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
Re: food aggression
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 22:22:45 PM »
yeah i guess so lol

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 18:48:16 PM »
am guessing that while they are entire you will continue to have this problem, cos they are adolescents and feeling their hormones!! :rofl:

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 13:48:31 PM »
yes i will do the boys are about 5 and a half months the girl 5 months ive arranged their jabs theyve had one each bt need to go back for a second and the pdsa said they wont neuter her til 6 months

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 06:38:21 AM »
how old are they and have  they been neutered? If she is entire, she may be reaching sexual maturity, or possibly one or both of the boys are ...

Otherwise, yes, the girls are always in charge, sometimes in a quiet way, other times more aggressively. Feed the boys separately and see how it goes.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 00:03:17 AM »
I have two young boys that absolutely adore each other and happily eat off the same plate or side by side but when I'm dishing out the Whiskas tempations (treats) they'll both hiss at each other!  As long as all three are getting enough food then I wouldn't overly worry.

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 22:51:33 PM »
yeah i will try that but also i know it sounds stupid and yeah i am ignorant for letting it happen but sometimes i let them finish off like left overs from my food (Stupid i know) but if they want to get some off her shell do her nut is this normal?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 22:50:19 PM »
The girls are always in charge  :rofl: :rofl:

Have you tried moving the boys dishes away from hers cos it sounds like she is protecting her food  ;D

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
food aggression
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 22:48:05 PM »
hello guys me again, ive got a bit of an issue going on here. as you may no i have 3 kittens 2 boys(which are brothers ages about 5 and a half months) and one female (not part of the same family) about 5 months. the thing is whenever the girl gets food if any of the others go near her she will growl hiss and spit at them to get them away she never used to do this but lately shes being really funny about it and im a bit worried, although shes the girl my boys are really scared of her now lol what should i do?

Link to CatChat