Author Topic: Tiger is off for his all day vets visit  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Tiger is off for his all day vets visit
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 15:58:36 PM »
Robin decided whilst I was at work yesterday to let Tiger go out on his own- good job I was a I work, he duly had a 4 hour wander and was home by 6pm for his tea and injection - helps that it was raining and its winter as he does like his creature comforts!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 18:48:39 PM »
Great news that they have it under control again.  Hope he continues to flourish :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 11:48:43 AM »
Well the results came back and the boy had had his doseage upped to 3 thingys twice per day and the change is wonderful he has been pacing around and shown me the back door and Daddy took him out on the harness for a wonder and he is now sleeping at the top of the stairs on a catnip sack with young Panther who like his sister Raven has a look of hero worship in his eyes!!! :Luv2:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 08:16:54 AM »
Fingers crossed Liz.
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Tiger is off for his all day vets visit- Updated
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 08:14:11 AM »
Well he proved to be his usual charming self nobody injured or scratched!

The vet has had to send off more blood for analysis as he doesn't sem to be absorbing the insulin quite the way they wanted and his does is now upped to 2.5 thingys twice a day and he seems a bit happier and is now refusing to eat what the others do so is on gourmet sachets - 5 a day!

We are now awaiting the results of the blood tests and will see how we move forward from this point

Robin did say how unusual for another one of our boys to not have a normal treatment plan!!!!

The ladies seem to be so much eaiser just got Miss gracies dental to get through and apart from normal injections for 8 of the clan hope this is the last large bill till 2008! :Crazy:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 14:55:26 PM »
Good Luck at the vets today Tiger  :Luv:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 11:26:24 AM »
Hope all goes well today xxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 11:26:14 AM »
Good luck TIger and watch that nasty vet doesn't catnap you when your mum isn't looking :heeee heeee:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Tiger is off for his all day vets visit
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 09:03:39 AM »
Tiger is now at the vets for his all day diabetic profile to be done and Robin will pick him up tonight

He was a bit grumpy as no insulin from us this morning and also he could not have his usual 5 saucer breakfast and cat food top up as the vets need to do their stuff but will feed him through the day!

I hope this will stabilise the boy and we can move forward with this, both parents getting bettter at the shots and as long as he has food in front of him at the needle time then we don't get swiped!

Just for those who don't know Tiger is a former feral aged 11, he spent the forst 5 years of his life being knocked out for injections and any other vet treatments required but has now turned in to a big cuddle bum and is our Aplha male and to be honest our best reformed feral to date!

His vet wants to adopt him and the surgery ladies all love our big hunk of tailess tabby ( tail lost to an RTA) and he is the Vets first feline diabetes case and he is a good advert for the feral Clan members just hope the vet doesn't think they are all as sweet as he is!!!!

Link to CatChat