Cat Health & Behaviour > Basic Cat Care Guides

Handy cat care Hints and Tips - Post your own tips here :)

(1/4) > >>

OwnedbyHugo:
Hi all, I have an Oriental named Hugo who is 2 years old.

Living with him inspired my girlfriend Hannah and I to create an information hub online for indoor cat owners. We add new content every week and want to inspire indoor cat owners to create fun and safe environments for their cats. We also share our learning experiences with Hugo, as we are still learning more and more about meeting the needs of indoor cats. We have lots of information up already, from what to feed your indoor cat to why play is important. I hope you will find it useful, we are always open to suggestions for new ideas.

Our community group on facebook also share tips with each other on best practices and inventive ways of entertaining your indoor cats, links are all on the website.  :thanks: :Luv2:

http://www.indoorpaws.com

MrsR:
Instead of trying to cut the claws with huge animal nail clippers use small human ones instead

MrsR:
Tablets you have to give your cats appaently loose a little of their smell if you keep them in the fridge.   Might just take the edge off the smeel enough to hide them in food.

Mark:

--- Quote from: Tan on January 11, 2008, 18:54:20 PM ---Nightlights - Many people believe that cats see well in the dark, however this myth is based on outdoor cats hunting by moonlight. You can mimic this at home by placing nightlights by food, litterbox or sleeping areas. This will benefit all cats, particularly those who are geriatric, and it may also decrease intercat aggression.

--- End quote ---

I have one in the kitchen - they plug in a standard socket and have a light sensor so only come on when it's dark so you don't have to remember to turn them on. They only use 0.7watts so cost pennies a year to run. As far as I remember, it was £2.99 in Tesco  ;D (in the light bulb section)

blackcat:
always have a pet-friendly first aid kit on hand. Mine includes bandages, sanitary pads (useful for large wounds that are bleeding) and scissors, tweezers, nail clippers, saline wash, antiseptic cream and anything else you can think of that might come in handy to keep your pet in one piece until they get to the vet. Perhaps if you have a dog, a halti or muzzle might also be useful because sometimes they bite out of fear and pain (yes, even you, their beloved owner). Pet first aid kits can be bought on line, or you can just make up your own and keep it in a handy place in a sealed plastic box. I keep mine near the pet food so I know where it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version