Author Topic: Remember jawbreakers? Now there's pawbreakers!  (Read 7837 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Remember jawbreakers? Now there's pawbreakers!
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 10:01:22 AM »
Ann, thought I'd update you... Tick tock teaser and peeka prize came today, no customs charges  ;)

Forgot to say about customs Ann, if you order anything that costs over £18 then you have to pay duty/VAT to the UK government on the whole cost including postage  >:(  The cost of the items is around £20 so just over the threshold.  The only saving grace is that apparently only around a third of packages are checked so it might just slip through, didn't want you to order and then get stung for customs charges too.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2007, 21:07:16 PM »
Pawbreaking update:

The boys love their pawbreakers  :wow:  They spent the first 10 minutes shredding the catnip infused tissue paper that they had come wrapped in before starting on the ball.  They haven't eaten it yet as they seem to have too much fun playing with it.  Lukey aka Thierry Henry loves his balls anyway so to have a catnip smelly ball is heaven for him  :)

I am a particularly cruel Mum though as I had a brainwave and rather than spending my evening retrieving the pawbreaker (which is about the size of those little bouncy rubber balls that were around in the 80's) I have put it inside their treat ball.  This achieves two things, one is that the treatball is too big to go under the settee and the second is that a ball inside a ball creates... a wibbly wobbly ball so double the fun!

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 11:36:50 AM »
Thanks for the tip Helen, I did wonder about that but didn't know what the limit was.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 21:24:14 PM »
The pawbreakers arrived from the US this morning  :wow: I'm on nights so I wasn't happy at being woken up by the postman ringing the doorbell though  >:(  Will give them to the boys tomorrow evening, might even try and get the odd pic  ;)

:thanks: Helen, might just have to order them methinks (I'm sure I buy these things to keep myself happy  :rofl:). I'm sure Hobbes will love them though, he loves his toys but gets bored with them easily so new stuff always welcome.  :Luv2:

Forgot to say about customs Ann, if you order anything that costs over £18 then you have to pay duty/VAT to the UK government on the whole cost including postage  >:(  The cost of the items is around £20 so just over the threshold.  The only saving grace is that apparently only around a third of packages are checked so it might just slip through, didn't want you to order and then get stung for customs charges too.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 21:27:54 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2007, 14:09:08 PM »
 :thanks: Helen, might just have to order them methinks (I'm sure I buy these things to keep myself happy  :rofl:). I'm sure Hobbes will love them though, he loves his toys but gets bored with them easily so new stuff always welcome.  :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 07:00:35 AM »
Just catching up with things and saw these toys, Helen did you find out how much the shipping costs are Hobbes would love the tick tock teaser and the peek a prize one but no use of shipping costs too high.

Nope, they haven't got back to me yet  :(  I did get a quote from an ebay seller and the shipping was $60 (£30), the toy itself is $20 (£10) from ebay so £40 in total.  Now I've seen the tick tock teaser I want them both so hopefully the combined shipping from a 'proper shop' so to speak won't be too bad.  Will let you know if I hear back from them.

They had emailed me but it was in my spam  :wow:  I've ordered the tick tock teaser and the peek a prize ($40 / £20 for both), shipping has been quoted at $36 which is £18 so the cost including delivery for both of them is less than £40.  They look really good quality so more of an investment really, that's what I keep telling myself as I eat bread and butter until payday  :evillaugh:

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 18:36:46 PM »
Remember jawbreakers, the massive gobstoppers?  Looking for Xmas pressies for the boys and came across 'pawbreakers'  :evillaugh:  They're hard catnip balls that are actually edible http://www.pawbreakers.com/prodinfo.html 

Saw some on ebay.co.uk but the seller soesn't take paypal so by the time I've posted a cheque for him, he gets around to going to the bank, waits 5 working days for it to clear then finally sends it out it will probably be January so have ordered some from the US ebay (ebay.com).  Got a pack of 3 for £7 delivered and then a single one for £2.15 delivered so even cheaper than the £4 delivered from the UK seller anyway!

Still really want to get them a 'Tick tock teaser' and a 'Peek a prize' but you can only get them from the US and am struggling to find sellers that will ship to the UK  :( Have been looking on ebay.com and their cat toys are soooo cheap compared to UK prices, I know the favourable exchange rate has got a lot to do with it but a brand new Panic mouse is $12 (£6) wheras they are over £23 ($46) in the UK  >:(

Be very wary of ebayers that dont take paypal thier are some honest people out thier but i would not recomend it  A good way to check them out is to see how long they have been a registerd ebay user.

http://www.esmartcat.com/shopping/Tick_Tock_Teaser.htm

http://www.esmartcat.com/shopping/Peek_a_Prize.htm

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 17:07:14 PM »
Just catching up with things and saw these toys, Helen did you find out how much the shipping costs are Hobbes would love the tick tock teaser and the peek a prize one but no use of shipping costs too high.

Nope, they haven't got back to me yet  :(  I did get a quote from an ebay seller and the shipping was $60 (£30), the toy itself is $20 (£10) from ebay so £40 in total.  Now I've seen the tick tock teaser I want them both so hopefully the combined shipping from a 'proper shop' so to speak won't be too bad.  Will let you know if I hear back from them.

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 15:57:03 PM »

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 18:31:23 PM »
Ggggrrrrrr  >:( , I come on the computer for a quiet half hour to look for some Christmas pressies online for various people, get some ideas etc, thought I'd have a quick squiz on here and now I'm going to have to spend time looking for Christmas pressies for my 2 furbabies instead  :evillaugh: . Those toys look fab Helen, I'm going to spend all evening looking on ebay now ......

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 17:06:17 PM »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 15:20:14 PM »
The ingredients used in Pawbreakers are extremely common, and have been in use for over 50 years in the human-food industry
Could say that about MSG too    :shify:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 13:29:58 PM »
I bought the cats some mice that were made purely of catnip held together with a binder and they won't touch it and it smells nothing like catnip lol. Would be interested to see what Lucas and Riley think of these balls and if they go loopy for them.

Oh don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear aaalllllll about it  :evillaugh: There's got to be at least 100 testimonials on the pawbreaker site from owners saying how much their cats love them so it looks promising.

Den, found this about dogs...

5. Can other animals eat Pawbreakers? – A small percentage of dogs (less than 10%) actually react to and like catnip! Eating catnip will not harm your dog whatsoever, but we do advise supervision around dogs or you may find your Pawbreakers disappearing very quickly. Even animals such as ferrets and chinchillas have been reported to like Pawbreakers! Catnip has not been known to be harmful to any humans or animals. But, as with any small ball, its best to monitor children and larger animals as they can choke on them.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 13:21:42 PM »
I bought the cats some mice that were made purely of catnip held together with a binder and they won't touch it and it smells nothing like catnip lol. Would be interested to see what Lucas and Riley think of these balls and if they go loopy for them.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 13:18:12 PM »
Wellllllll ummmmmmm humans wouldnt normally wanna eat catnip would they  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 12:41:28 PM »
That's what I'm talking about. For me personally, it's all far too vague. I've noticed it's not for "human consumption" which I take as a normal warning. It's just the way they won't even hint at what the human grade ingredients are. What do they class as "unwanted ingredients".

Guess I'm just a bit paranoid ... certainly not helpful for any cats which have allergies. As you wont know if that allergy causing ingredient is in it.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 12:38:42 PM »
It says 'Catnip, All natural human grade food binders, nothing artificial - no flavours, no colours, no preservatives, no gluten or soy and safe for vegetarian diets' it also says in a another section that they contain no sugar.

I guess it's a bit like the KFC 'colonel's secret recipe'.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 12:35:57 PM »
What’s in it? – Our secret recipe is 100% natural and uses only pure, fresh catnip and human-grade ingredients that are healthy for your cat! For truly useful information on catnip, please see our page here. Pawbreakers do not contain sugar or any other unwanted ingredients. We call it ‘candy’ because it’s such a treat for the kitties (even though its healthy and all natural)! Please see question 8 for more information on our ingredients.

What are the ingredients/What’s the binder? – All the ingredients are all natural! Pawbreakers use an all-natural secret recipe with human quality ingredients. Pawbreakers went through a year of testing before we found the perfect ingredients: safe, healthy and above all tasty to the kitties! While we can’t divulge our secret recipe we can tell you this: The ingredients used in Pawbreakers are extremely common, and have been in use for over 50 years in the human-food industry. Our natural and hypoallergenic binder is consumed every day by millions of people around the world, withstanding the “test of time” as a VERY safe product. Even companies in Europe, which has much stricter food additive laws than the United States, use our ingredients in human foods.

http://www.pawbreakers.com/prodinfo.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 12:32:17 PM »
Don't know whether it's just me. I've been sitting here reading about those pawbreakers and its really annoys me they won't say what the ingredients are.
I kind of like to know what goes into Memphis ... also incase there is something in it which may be toxic IF the dog were to somehow get ahold of it.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 12:30:29 PM »
Hmmn, that's odd.  That's the seller I was talking about not accepting paypal, in his other listiings for the exact same item he doesn't accept paypal  :Crazy:  I've ordered mine already from the US but that's good for others  :thanks: Sam

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 12:18:45 PM »
Thanks Den  :wow:  They have got some seriously cool stuff on their website.  I found the tick tock teaser, added them both to my cart and when you go to checkout it says email for shipping quote. You will have made two little boys very happy if they will ship to the UK (for less than the price of a 3 bed semi)  :)

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 12:08:07 PM »
Just had a look and they have a proper website - and from what I can see they ship to the UK!!!!
http://litterboy.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=324&category=53

I can't see the tick tock toy, I'm sure its on there and I'm just blind but they have an email addy Sales@litterboy.com

Edited - no I am blind, it's here
http://litterboy.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=327&category=0
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:10:20 PM by Den »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 12:01:05 PM »
I see, you mean buy it direct from them without going through Amazon - good thinking batman  :wow:  How do I find their email address though, have clicked on their name in Amazon.com but can't see a way to contact them  :shy:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 11:55:54 AM »
Have you tried emailing the seller and explaining that you want it but can't purchase it the normal way.
I've done that before now  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 11:52:24 AM »
I tried to buy the peek a prize from Amazon.com but when you go to checkout it says there is a problem with checking out as the item can't be shipped to the UK  >:(

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 11:48:12 AM »
Amazon.com has the tick tock teaser
http://www.amazon.com/Tick-Tock-Teaser/dp/B000JZ1WSU
Also has the peek a prize toy box
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JTDP18/ref=pd_luc_00001B000JZ1WSUB000JTDP18

I know it's on a market place seller - I've had great success with sellers in the past. If you email them they will normally ship to the UK!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Remember jawbreakers? Now there's pawbreakers!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 11:32:19 AM »
Remember jawbreakers, the massive gobstoppers?  Looking for Xmas pressies for the boys and came across 'pawbreakers'  :evillaugh:  They're hard catnip balls that are actually edible http://www.pawbreakers.com/prodinfo.html 

Saw some on ebay.co.uk but the seller soesn't take paypal so by the time I've posted a cheque for him, he gets around to going to the bank, waits 5 working days for it to clear then finally sends it out it will probably be January so have ordered some from the US ebay (ebay.com).  Got a pack of 3 for £7 delivered and then a single one for £2.15 delivered so even cheaper than the £4 delivered from the UK seller anyway!

Still really want to get them a 'Tick tock teaser' and a 'Peek a prize' but you can only get them from the US and am struggling to find sellers that will ship to the UK  :( Have been looking on ebay.com and their cat toys are soooo cheap compared to UK prices, I know the favourable exchange rate has got a lot to do with it but a brand new Panic mouse is $12 (£6) wheras they are over £23 ($46) in the UK  >:(

http://www.esmartcat.com/shopping/Tick_Tock_Teaser.htm

http://www.esmartcat.com/shopping/Peek_a_Prize.htm

Link to CatChat