Author Topic: Anybody want an infuriating, annoying and decidedly contrary tortie?  (Read 3664 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Anybody want an infuriating, annoying and decidedly contrary tortie?
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 21:00:05 PM »
Yes  LOL

Lupin has now found that basket and sleeps there regularily!

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 20:58:21 PM »

Cats are basically ungrateful, thankless, awkward, contrary little toe rags aren't they?!

Probably why they are such fascinating little devils.

Now, forget cat beds.....a pile of clean laundry, preferably in a colour most opposite to that of the cat, so as to cause maximum inconvenience, is usually the favourite spot for any self respecting feline.

X

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 19:53:05 PM »
I won this fantastic mouse bed in the auction for Lupin and apart from play with the rope tail he hasnt touched it........sigh

Its got huge crinkle ears a scratcher on its back and is all soft inside grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 19:29:05 PM »
Special is a good description.

Id never had a cat until Mogs and she had this rule that when she felt sick or fur ballie if it was MY bed fair enough throw up but if it was hers move. Amber never learnt that and has in the past lost her beloved cardboard box thanks to being sick in it, the next beloved cardboard box, you get the picture and now her bed. She does have 3 more beds so not deprived but she refuses to sleep in the newest most cuddly bed which even I find tempting  :naughty:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 14:23:35 PM »

Torties can ben quite "special" though can't they?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: "special" - thats one word for it! Wouldn't swap her for the world tho  :shocked:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
  • A meow massages the heart
  • Slave to: Motown, Drum & our beautiful baby Bass RIP
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 14:18:10 PM »
I have given up on beds for my cats, they only eye them with disdain and wander off and sleep where they like, usually on my bed or on the chair that I want to sit in or have just
vacated... never in the cat bed.

Our girls were both asleep in a bed together when we saw them at the rescue, so off we went to buy them something similar when we took them home.

Never used it, not once.

However our hand luggage travel cases and laptop bags now have to through quarantine everytime we try to leave the UK.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
  • A meow massages the heart
  • Slave to: Motown, Drum & our beautiful baby Bass RIP
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 14:14:21 PM »
:rofl:

That title sounded like you were talking about Carmen. She wakes me up by ripping things. She knows it always works. I get out of bed Then! She has the cheek to shout at me. Her big eyes sticking out of her head with very loud "MOW MOW" sounds like now now.

This sounds like Bass!! Exactly the same, her sister is much louder though but without the ripping. They know we will get up to make sure they aren't ripping up something important. Cheeky so and sos...
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 13:31:35 PM »
Torties can be quite "special" though can't they?  I've known a couple who were really quite psychotic, one belonging to my friend had a complete personality change and ended up leaving her and moving into the local ambulance station. Was quite bizarre.

The being sick in the bed thing made me laugh, I remember my old Rosie, an 18 year old Persian, loving her new fleecy bed, she slept in it for weeks on end, then one day she threw up in it and despite me giving it several cycles in the washing machine she never looked at it again.

I have given up on beds for my cats, they only eye them with disdain and wander off and sleep where they like, usually on my bed or on the chair that I want to sit in or have just
vacated... never in the cat bed.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 20:54:00 PM by jo.austin2010 »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 22:04:09 PM »
I have my bed coved in puppy pads as Ducha can upchuck at any time............he did very late last night and decided to do it all over my bloomin pillow grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 21:06:32 PM »
Needless to say or even Sadly Amber is now asleep on my bed and Im hoping if she decides to throw up she will move!!!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 21:05:13 PM »
No thanks we have 6 of the little darlings here, Amber, Xian, Baby Gorgeous, Pagan, Sherbet and Miami :shocked: :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 20:06:51 PM »
Well Ambner has finally sorted my/;her bed dilemma.

She threw up in the old bed and I thought no way is that bed going in my washing machine so its been binned.

Amber watched with a look of horror on her face and went to sleep on my bed. She still hasnt used the new bed though :innocent:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 19:03:33 PM »
Thankfully she wasnt sick in the handbag or at least I havent found it if she was lol

I wouldnt mind but I think she has a split personality with me shes a cuddly purry I can do almost anything to her kind of cat but other people never see her and my friend Helen at the cattery only knew her as a growly monster until I realised that actually if I put her tablet on her food she still eats it.

Tonight shes asleep in the 2nd hand bed but all I really want to do is get rid of things but each time I think shes moved on she goes back!!!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »
Lets just hope she's not sick in the handbag  :evillaugh:

Or thinks it's a litter tray  :evillaugh:

You can have Jaffa AND Mosi - 2 for the price of 1  ;)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: no thanks, already got one!

she's not very loud, but cries all the time wanting strokes, and never goes to sleep properly as long as someone's in the house - she's so frightened of missing out on anything!

love her tho  :Luv2:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Rusalka, Orpheus, Tosca and Carmen

That title sounded like you were talking about Carmen. She wakes me up by ripping things. She knows it always works. I get out of bed Then! She has the cheek to shout at me. Her big eyes sticking out of her head with very loud "MOW MOW" sounds like now now.
Then I feed her and she goes to the door and shouts at me again so she can go out. Then when she's had enough of prowling around the garden she shouts at me again (from the doorstep) to go and open the door (or window). I often say she bullies me but she really is hilarious she's a complete diva.
Also when shes taking a nap upstairs on our bed and I walk in on her she always gives me a look of disguist like I shouldn't be there.
 :rofl:. She's also very snooty. She doesn't "play" with the other cats or cuddle with them. If they ever try to play pounce with her she hisses at them. Orpheus tried to get into a box she was lying in the other day to cuddle up to her but she went mad hissing at him and batting him with her paws (it was quite funny).

On the otherhand her sister Tosca (who is also a tortie) is as good as gold. Tosca never "shouts" at me. She sits and waits patiently for her food. She loves to cuddle with the other cats and play. She is very quiet and really I think she's really the ideal cat. Doesn't ask for a lot at all and is very gentle. She doesn't often come to me for a cuddle though but then the official lap warmer of the house would have to be Rusalka  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:13:33 AM by KittyB »
Kitty x x x

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Lets just hope she's not sick in the handbag  :evillaugh:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Hmmm Im not sure if Jaffa or Mosi would be the best bet lol

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
She's just keeping you on your toes!  ;D

I'd consider doing a swap right now as I've just been caught in the middle of a scuffle for possesion of my lap  :shify:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Hmmm slip of the type/tongue? I of course meant wasnt not was

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you know you love her really

I mean she is a tortie doing what torties do best...............using her tortitude  ;D

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Anybody want an infuriating, annoying and decidedly contrary tortie?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 18:02:03 PM »
If Amber was so loving and so good at making me laugh she would have been re-homed today if not earlier!!

Remember the saga of the old bed, the new bed and the second hand bed where she slept in any but the one I bought for her. Well the new bed has been moved to another room after she was very nearly sick on it and I said theres no way she's being sick on it until shes slept in it. I mean yeah Im cruel I know but to pay me back shes currently asleep IN my handbag  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

love
Tab

Link to CatChat