Author Topic: problems  (Read 2736 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: problems
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 10:58:47 AM »
I'm sorry it didn't work out with Obe.  I'm sure he'll find the perfect slave(s) for him eventually.  And there will be a cat out there who's right for you.  The other's are right about most cats sleeping when their owners are out.  Once they get used to your routine they'll accept you going out and be there to greet you and have some fuss and play when you get home.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 07:12:22 AM »
It's a sad one this.  A very hard decision to make, but you have to do what's right for both of you.  If you feel uncomfortable about your relationship with your cat, then it can't help but transmit those feelings which may just make the problem worse.  Sometimes we expect too much - from ourselves and from our cat companions.

Helen, missus - am laughing my socks off at your "webcam" on the boys!   That's fab!!  (Lukey - Riley - watch out, Mummy's about!!   :evillaugh:)

:hug:

Offline jedi one

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 23:33:43 PM »
Oh poor Obe....sorry thing's havnt worked out....i would of called it "very" early days, also leaving tv or radio on sometimes helps, but to crave human affection is so sad so maybe "yes" for the best.......even the most independant of cats needs to know that your around  ;)

put the radio on after first night at least stopped him yowling unless i put radio 1 on only r2 allowed lol   

ans to ccmacey yes would have loved to have been able to do that but impossible not even sure that would have been the total ans though two would be perfect if had a bigger place never know may still win the lottery

and guilt, pain, all of these things  :'(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 21:38:33 PM »
Oh poor Obe....sorry thing's havnt worked out....i would of called it "very" early days, also leaving tv or radio on sometimes helps, but to crave human affection is so sad so maybe "yes" for the best.......even the most independant of cats needs to know that your around  ;)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 19:48:28 PM »
Sorry to hear it hasnt worked out  :( its always a hard to decision to make but sometimes you can just tell cant you. Im sure Obe will find a home with someone who doesnt have much to do and be really chuffed he has a lap all day.
Im sure when your ready a more independant cat can be found for you   :hug:

CC, it sounds like human companionship Obe loves

ccmacey

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 19:42:39 PM »
How old is he? Why not get him a friend?

See how guilt gets you  :shy:

Offline jedi one

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 19:38:40 PM »
Hard to explain some cats wont come near you i know but he was a genuinely very affectionate cat which is part of why he settled in so quick without any problems apart from escaping that was my fault though maybe i have been quick to judge and act but i deeply feel he needs deserved a situation where he has company most of the day full time i love him to bits and miss him like hell but i know he is better off not as lone flat cat

In reply to pinkbear  tried to register a new email address must have messed it up as not had verifycation email  so had to re register and Obie was 3 years old so still quite young
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 19:44:14 PM by jedi one »

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 19:01:56 PM »
Hi J20/Jedi One,

Sorry you've made the decision to take Obe back to the CP.

As Pinkbear rightly says cats do just slepp all through the day when you are not there (well my 2 certainly do!) and i'm pretty sure that my two are as contented and pampered as cats can be  ;)

And reading your previous posts it would seem that Obe was just settling in, My little girl Kiki took months to settle down whereas Nina took one look around, plonked herself on the settee and that was that!

But you know yourself and your own situation so i'm sure you made the right decision based on the circumstances.   :hug:

ems
xxx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 18:55:31 PM »
I'm sorry you feel that way about Obie. But I can tell you, Hun, that's normal. When you aren't around to interact with them, older cats just sleep... and sleep... and sleep. :nite:

That's true even of kittens, I set up a webcam which I can check from work and my boys spend 95% of the day fast asleep and did when they were little kittens also.  No-one will criticise you for making the decision to find him another home if you genuinely believe he will be happier elsewhere but please make sure it is the right decision for you both  :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 18:50:32 PM »
I'm assuming you lost your login details, J20...?

I'm sorry you feel that way about Obie. But I can tell you, Hun, that's normal. When you aren't around to interact with them, older cats just sleep... and sleep... and sleep. :nite:

You see him waiting by the door for you because he's heard you coming 30 seconds before you put your key in the lock and he's run to meet you.  ;)

I'm sure the CP lady will have talked through all the options with you. I'm sorry you feel Obie is unhappy, because everything you've told us points to it being the reverse...  :sneaky:

Offline jedi one

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 15:02:09 PM »
I know some would say i have not given it enough time but as far as i can see obe is really affectionate cat who needs to be around some one most/all of the day and i cant give him what he needs. He will take to any one curl up in lap head in hand or just cuddle to your arm or leg i wish i could  take on another cat for him to play with or be their as much as he needs or deserves hes more interested in when i get up in the morning in cuddles strokes and going to sleep on my lap than being fed even though i know he must hungry he was just so happy you could fuss him all day long still he would  still want more  ;D  just a complete  :Luv: :Luv: fuss pot

When i left the flat he didn't  move from the same spot by the door until i returned hes always their when i do its  quite upsetting i left toys and mint  dentibits hidden about which gets gobled by the number when I'm their  :evillaugh: but took no interset while out and i did not think it was fair to him at all as ill only be gone more so i had a chat cp and agreed its best for him to find a better environment for him i know he will find a home just be the most  :Luv: cat in  the world
I wont be looking again for some time just too hard every thing triggers thoughts of him and i hope he gets over every thing a lot quicker than i will

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 19:54:32 PM »
J20 you have now found out what its like to be told off by a cat! How dare the slave go out for so long!
Milly was a very insecure cat and lived under my bed for the first month and then followed me everywhere. If i went out for too long she would puke on my rug! Shes much better now thankfully  :)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 18:35:30 PM »
I think J20 took him to the vet yesterday... or the day before.  :shy: It all sounds like settling in problems to me. He's only been with her for a few days.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 18:22:53 PM »
If he's acting really weird, may be worth a check up at the vet, just to ensure this isn't a health issue.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 17:35:23 PM »
looks like you are in the dog house' hope it doesn't last to long

good thing about treats in pocket when going out though,  worth a try

He's just reminding you who the boss is :rofl:

Hope it doesn't last to long, little scamp will be all over you like a cheap suite in no time.    :shy:           Silent treatment does do your head in though

Angie

Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 17:01:30 PM »
It's only a matter of time before he's sneaking up on you, purring at full volume, to pinch your cheese and pickle sandwich...  ;)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 23:13:23 PM »
Oh, they can make you suffer...  :Crazy:

I was taken into hospital for a few days once and my old Tooshy took DAYS to forgive me! Mum mother, who was house sitting, said he didn't move from the window - he was watching for me to come back. The minute I came through the door, he jumped down and went into the garden. He refused to come back in for 24 hours. As soon as he did, he jumped onto my lap and bit my nose. We were pals again after that...  :evillaugh:

I don't know what to suggest, J20... but how about always having a cat treat in yor pocket when you come back home? That why, maybe he'll associate you coming back with good things?

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 23:04:43 PM »
So basically if a cat "claws or bites" you then your not giving them enough time and attention?  Never knew this before :shy:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 22:52:41 PM »
Pointless having a stand-off with a cat who has the hump. After all YOU are in the wrong for leaving puss alone all that time. You should grovel, apologise, and give lots of good food and cuddles.

All cats show displeasure if you're not giving enough attention. Some sit with their back to you, some give a little nip. Remember: you have a cat, not a dog. You exist to serve your cat......learn to be a good slave.  :shy:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

j20

problems
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 22:46:29 PM »
been out most of day appointments Obie has gone completely moody now taken over sofa came over to bite me as went to sit down  :Crazy:?? don't know what to do has to cope when no ones their i know its early days but how do i change this or stop it becoming a problem
stand off is now in order. any ideas ?
 functions OK though Felix did the trick one stink bomb later  :sick:

Link to CatChat