Author Topic: firework freak out!  (Read 1663 times)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Re: firework freak out!
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 16:44:06 PM »
If Im in and watching TV or reading my cats either dont react to fireworks or in Ambers case she sits on the window sill to watch. If its in the middle of the night thought it would appear thats absolutely terrifying and means that they need to get in bed with me and wake me up  :innocent:
love
Tab

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 12:12:20 PM »
I was out from 2pm yesterday on a drinking sesh and was worried about leaving the boys - so I set all the lamps to come on with a timer, blinds/curtains were half closed and I left the radio on for them all day.

I've been asked to go swimming on 5 November and not sure whether to go or not though - it would only be for about an hour and a half.   Might just turn the tele and radio up really loud for them during that time.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 06:45:17 AM »
I was worried about the ferals but a few still came for their supper  :) saying that there weren't that many fireworks going off (unless they're all waiting for Wednesday or next weekend.  Thankfully it got better last year with the curfew it used to go on too late and New Year was terrible.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Amo_angelus

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 05:34:57 AM »
My lot couldnt care less, but the dogs at my mums are terrified, we always put the tv on louder than the fireworks, calms them down a bit, but they really need the tv and a person with them. Makes me feel bad, because I love fireworks.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 22:16:06 PM »
We've had a few tonight , Jerry slept through but Gizzy was a bit worried. Not enough to put him off his dinner though! :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 20:09:39 PM »
So far, there haven't been many bangs. Luckily Alice doesn't seem too bothered - We rarely go out in the evening anyway so plenty of familiarity for them. I remember my first firework night with Kylie. I lived in a raised ground floor flat with an "L" shaped garden. The basement flat had a small square garden. Kylie was in there when they started and she literally froze on the spot for a couple of hours - my nieghbour was out so I couldn't get to her  :( She is a very confident cat thesedays and will happily go out and watch them  :)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 20:08:18 PM »
Poor boys  :hug:  They might get used to them in time, if it's the first time they've ever heard them they're bound to be frightened  :hug:  My boys were scaredy cats the first time they heard them but now they're not fussed by them at all.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 20:04:10 PM »
be grateful you don't have a fort and an army barracks nearby. Tonight we are being regailed with a multi-cannon fanfare that is rolling round the hills like thunder.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 19:36:09 PM »
Try and ensure all curtains are closed too coz I think the flashes are as bad if not worse than the bangs

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 19:33:08 PM »
I do feel sorry for all those frightened pets, luckily none of mine have ever seemed bothered, Penny and Squeaky used to watch them and these 2 are oblivious, well Schui is deaf anyway.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 19:32:07 PM »
I'm lucky that my two don't normally bother too much (and it's suspiciously quiet around here at the moment).

Try putting on some the TV or a radio that might distract them whilst you are out.

Karen

good idea Karen  :thanks:
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
you don't learn anything until you live it

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 19:27:03 PM »
I hate Bonfire Night. If it consisted of pretty quiet fireworks I'd be fine. But I'm not a fan of the banging either! Sage is currently hiding under the bed - she's the most nervous out of my lot and fireworks make her miserable. I'll be glad when it's over.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 19:25:09 PM »
I'm lucky that my two don't normally bother too much (and it's suspiciously quiet around here at the moment).

Try putting on some the TV or a radio that might distract them whilst you are out.

Karen

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
firework freak out!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 19:23:17 PM »
i love this celebration, bonfire night) but the boys are so traumatised by the fireworks down the street i must admit they are  :censored: loud not sure how close they are. my poor babies.

we are going out in about an hour to a friends 30th birthday and i really don't want to leave them :(
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
you don't learn anything until you live it

Link to CatChat