Author Topic: EMERGENCY AUCTION FOR ABUSED PODENCOS - Can Purrs Peeps help?  (Read 4102 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: EMERGENCY AUCTION FOR ABUSED PODENCOS - Can Purrs Peeps help?
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 10:29:06 AM »
The Swap team is otherwise known as South West Animal Protection  :)  They do a lot of appeals to raise money all over the world for animals, not just in the UK. 

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 08:26:44 AM »
That is a lovely update
Can someone pls tell me who this Swat team is pls... ? Is it a compaign forum or something...

Thanks
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 02:03:25 AM »
Below is an email I received off the Swap team earlier on behalf of Lisa  :)

Update on these babes  :Luv: 

Well our Auction for the podencos had ended !!

The Auction total came to £2157!, a massive amount for an auction straight after Christmas and New year.

Thank you so much for putting out the appeal, you have played a part in helping these two dogs and many others out in spain.  I have emailed everyone who donated from your appeal personally,  but others may want to know the update so you're more than welcome to forward this on .

An update on the two podencos with pics:

Bramley, the very thin podenco has a home, his foster family have decided to keep him, he's doing well, has gained weight and managing walks fine.

Annabel, found starved with a servere disibility went into the vet on 15th, The surgery largely went well though the surgeon was unable to straighten the wrist joint in the way he had wished because of how badly twisted the radius bone was. She has had major work carried out on both bones in the foreleg and, therefore, has wounds running down each side of the leg.

On 17th jan Annabel was able to go back to Valeries (who is caring for her). On jan 18th unfortunately Annabel was very poorly from her op, wasn't eating and was racked with tremblesThen she started to vomit (and of course her medication was coming straight back out). She was put on a drip at the vets straight away.

Todays update (22nd) is much better, Annabel is still in the vet and they said she has eaten some food at last and is also drinking well, they changed her bandages and checked her surgical wounds and all is looking good. To top it all Valerie may keep her as her own dog!!.

Lots of healing thoughts are still needed, but things are looking up for this poor girl.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 02:06:13 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
EMERGENCY AUCTION FOR ABUSED PODENCOS - Can Purrs Peeps help?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:21:21 AM »
I have asked permission off Tan to post this on here, and I know it's short notice but if anyone has anything they can auction, every penny will be appreciated   :hug:

PLEASE TRY TO SUPPORT THIS IMPORTANT EVENT

SDGA has received this appeal from Lisa, our dear friend and supporter at Sighthounds Online (SOL). SOL are holding a special Emergency Online Auction which starts on Friday 11th January until Sunday 20th January 2008. This auction has been organised to raise vital and much needed funds towards the medical care and treatment of Annabel and Bramley, two dear little severely abused Podencos who are very ill and in desperate need of treatment.

PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR PICS AND TRAGIC CASE HISTORY OF ANNABEL & BRAMLEY AND FOR FULL DETAILS OF THE AUCTION.

Please, please support this crucial event if you can and help save these wee souls.

Many thanks for your much needed support

SDGA team

Firstly let me introduce myself, I am Lisa and I am part of the staff who volunteer for Sighthounds Online, we are a registered charity that aims to offer 'a lifeline to sighthounds in need'. You can read more about us here:

http://www.sighthoundsonline.org.uk/AboutUs.htm

A member on our forums who volunteers for Ibizan Hound Rescue in Almeria Spain recently posted about two very ill podencos they have recently rescued.

Annabel, who was found half starved, disabled and trying to rear a puppy.

~And~

Bramley (picture shows that he is too weak to stand properly) who is only 7 or 8 months old. Poor boy was on the point of death when he was picked up.

So many of our members asked us what they can do to help these dogs, so we are organising an ‘Emergency  Online Auction’ to raise much needed medical funds for these two hounds.

We realise that this is the worst time of year to be asking for donations but they urgently need our help and looking at these poor dogs we couldn’t sit back and do nothing.

We invite you all to join our online auction and help us help these hounds get the treatment they so desperately need. To take part you will need to join the SOL forums here: http://www.sighthoundsonline.org.uk/forums/ , it only takes a couple of minutes and you can always become a member just for the auction period if you wish, but I think you’ll find a lot of like minded people on SOL who own sighthounds/other breeds, run rescues, volunteer and generally love dogs and want to fight for an end to greyhound racing, puppy farms etc.

The Auction will start on Friday, 11th January until Sunday 20th January.

In the meantime if anyone has anything they would like to donate, unwanted christmas presents, unwanted dog items, or if you have a creative hand maybe make something, anything new or used but in good condition will be very much appreciated.

To donate items please email me at the address below with details of the item/s and a picture if possible, also state whether you will pay the postage and if not roughly how much it will be so the winning bidder can cover the costs.

If you can help or would like more information please join our forums or contact me: livin4animals@hotmail.com

Thank you so much for reading our appeal and we wish you all a very Happy New Year!

Lisa on behalf of the SOL admin team

Webmaster & Tech Support - http://www.sighthoundsonline.org.uk/

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat