Author Topic: Dropping by again  (Read 1232 times)

Offline sharonbee

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Max,Chloe,Paris,Dave,Isak,Freya
Re: Dropping by again
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 21:57:17 PM »
That's great that you kept the ferals, hope Victoria settles down soon.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 14:33:22 PM »
Hi and welcome back!  :welcome:  I'm glad you kept the ferals - I remember you struggling to decide what to do for the best.  It sounds as though you made a good call there!

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 20:26:22 PM »
I will have to video them in order to get some decent pics.  :pic: I don't have a digital camera. Any photo's of cats I've taken with a camera have had "white eye", whereas this doesn't happen on video. Strange. I'll try to do this over Christmas when the house is a bit more presentable  :innocent:

I'm in the bedroom again (warmest room in the house) with 5 of the cats. Victoria has been refusing to come in while the others are here. When I fed them all earlier, Lucy spat at Vic and recieved a swift "No!" from me. I'm not sure what the politics is here. Who is frightened of/bullying who?  :catplay2:

I made them a couple of new beds yesterday from Amazon boxes which were just the right size. It's really funny to see two cats try to squeeze into one box especially when Lucy sits right on top of one of her boys  :rofl:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »
Hey Hippykitty - so good to see you back and hear about your extended family.  Sounds like they're all settling in just fine - even Victoria's behaviour doesn't sound too alarming.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 08:48:49 AM »
nice to have an update!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Dropping by again
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 07:09:30 AM »
:welcome: back Hippykitty :)

I think pics of your extended family are definitely in order!

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Dropping by again
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 00:19:23 AM »
Hi hun great to see ya back and hear about ya gang :)

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 00:17:47 AM »
Nice to see you back  ;D ;D Am so glad you kept the family together gaining feral trust is such a special thing and I know how hard you have worked with them

Would love to see some photo's if you have time
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Dropping by again
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 00:04:36 AM »
Hi, it's ages since I've been here, but I fancied dropping by, updating and seeing what everyone is up to.

You probably don't remember, but I rescued a mother and her three kittens who were camped out in my verandah. It took me ages to decide whether to keep them or rehome. They were so feral, and the economic climate so gloomy, that I decided to keep them. I'm glad I did.

I'm sitting in my warm bedroom with four of my cats cosily sleeping and being great company. Added to Fred and Victoria, they make a family of six. Fred gets on extremely well with mum and grown boys, though Victoria is very defensive with them and will spit and lash out if they pass too close. I'm hoping she'll overcome this. It's taken time to get this far, I can wait for her to relax with the others.

Fred and Victoria let me fuss them, and the others are okay with being stroked provided they have their back to me. If they see my hand approaching, they run off.

Hope all is well with your pusscats.  :hug:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Link to CatChat