Author Topic: Confusion about cat food  (Read 1504 times)

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
Re: Confusion about cat food
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 19:50:39 PM »
applaws dry no cereal is complete. the wet food is complimentry i think.
i switched mine onto bozita wet and applaws dry as one of mine tends to porky and shes much more svelte now. Bozita is high meat content and seems to be well received here with the fosters too have a look http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/bozita

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
Re: Confusion about cat food
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 17:18:07 PM »
i had this problem with miyagi, whilst georgia is a nice streamline cat, miyagi is a huge furrball..he went mad and wouldnt stop eating aldi wet, he was addicted to it ..literally meowing for more every second :Crazy:
i asked for advice and was told to try http://www.petsathome.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?freeText=purely&storeId=10551&catalogId=10601&langId=-1&x=17&y=9

i now measure out his dry and give him one wet a day too..he seems more settled (not thinner though :rofl:), he wouldnt eat dry before but likes this...hes also had purina dry when i ran out which he loved. Georgia is happy with anything tbh so shes not a problem! I was told to check meat content so should be about 70 and above, otherwise its full of wheat? which is no good. you end up feeding less amount as they are more satisfied with the better food so shouldnt work out more expensive and hopefully you will have a healthier cat (if you discount cat treats, sneaked bits of ham and chicken etc :evillaugh:)

Offline boo81

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Lola
Confusion about cat food
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 13:02:55 PM »
OK I looked into cat nutrition about 6 months ago and feel the more I learn the more questions I have. Basically took Lola to the vet and the vet said to be careful as she was getting a bit tubby so looked into what i was feeding her and changed her diet.

She now has applaws dry in the morning and wet food in the evening and she absolutely loves it but she isnt really fussed about the dry and know wet is better for her. BUT ive learned that applaws is complementary food and not complete.

I spent ages researching a good quality brand to now be back at square one. I have looked at a raw food diet, but its not for us for many reasons - So what tins would be good for her then? I want it as natural as possible as she did used to vomit a lot which the current food has completely eradicated so something similar to applaws would be great.

Oh alternatively could I add something to the applaws food to make it complete?? Its a real minefield.........

Link to CatChat