Author Topic: I am a very, very, very, very bad meowmy  (Read 1445 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Re: I am a very, very, very, very bad meowmy
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 01:56:06 AM »
not the look....!!  :shify: you have some ground to cover to regain your status....much like the coming home from holiday look I get, when - not only have we abandoned them for a week but their "uncle paul" has also subjected them to some sort of substandard care. For example, not even bothering to realise they're sick of whiskers chicken in jelly and dispite not eating it (as their hint) he's simply emptied the bowls and refilled it with whiskers chicken  >:( >:( lmaoo  :rofl: truely hard done by!

Thankfully i dont have a hooded tray. My cats would associate it with their pet carriers and run a mile! I did get one of those with lip on for anti-spills. These do not work! as mine proved in less than 5 mins as the litter was once again strewn across the kitchen, thus making me STILL look suitably scruffy for visitors hahaha  :rofl:

I just wish i could have a cat flap! Mine never stepped in their tray when my last house had the cat flap. Much prefer my garden!!  or <cough. someone elses garden <cough>  :shify: but we shall not speak of this  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
 :rofl:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 16:13:55 PM »
And every time they use it they give me the evil eye.  I swear they do - as they step out of it they look at me in that way that only a cat can to remind me of my appalling lack of litter tray hygiene and how could I do that to them?  Don't I know that they love that litter tray and I am a terrible meowmy to deprive them of it?  And as for letting it get into that state - absolutely disgusting!  They are showing no signs of letting go of this grudge.

:rofl:  :-[ i no that look and agree with maryas dreamies lol

hooded litter trays they're tricksters  :shify:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 10:09:20 AM »
Not something I would be admitting to on a public forum  :evillaugh:

You are very bad  :evillaugh: :smack:

I know - I am thoroughly ashamed of myself!  Normally I pull the tray out into the middle of the room and take off the hood to check it's not been used but as it's quite heavy and there are 5 catches to unfasten to remove the lid I was just peering through the door.  With the soft light in the living room, I couldn't see any sign of use - no footprints and the litter wasn't moved around.  I think Jaffa had jumped in and used it without raking any litter and just jumped out again.  If they're not using it much I let the litter run low in that try (sometimes I take some out of that tray and put it in the other one) so that I can clean it and re-start and there isn't stale litter lying around unused for months.

I have given lots of dreamies but they are still giving me that look - the one that says don't you know I've had to cross my paws all that time? 

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 21:04:03 PM »
Could be worse I had 2 covered trays and in years gone by Mogs had one and Amber the other.... I took Mogs to the vet for loads of tests as she hadnt poohed in days only to find she was empty and Ambers tray wasnt  :-[
Im sure they'll forgive with snuggles and as Mary said Dreamies
love
Tab

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 17:51:11 PM »
I thin thats the problem with the covered trays, they are good for us as contain the whiffs, for a cat though it must be like stepping into a gas chamber :Crazy:
I had the horror of going to top floor the other week and discovering my delightfull daughter hadnt cleaned or emptied the tray and left lots of poop for the boiler men to see :-[

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 00:45:30 AM »
Just one word Susanne, just one word...........................DREAMIES

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 23:16:05 PM »
Not something I would be admitting to on a public forum  :evillaugh:

You are very bad  :evillaugh: :smack:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 22:01:35 PM »
I am sure they will get over it as Lupin has  :-[ :-[

He had stopped using the covered tray and I was about to remove it and then.....................I opened it!

Just dont understand how I couldnt smell it........sigh

He is still using it and now likes it better than the bathroom tray and he doesnt use the bedroom tray anymore..........thank goodness

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
I am a very, very, very, very bad meowmy
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 20:18:44 PM »
I am posting this confession in the hope that Jaffa and Mosi will stop giving me "that" look and let bygones be bygones if I publicly confess my sins.

I am a bad meowmy.  I am a sloppy, unhygienic meowmy.  I am a disgraceful meowmy and being ill is no excuse.

The boys have 2 litter trays - a big hooded one in the living room and a big, open storage box in the bathroom.  The bathroom tray was introduced about a year and a half ago when Jaffa decided he didn't like the hooded one anymore and after he sprayed a lot in the hall following one of my many floods and ensuing upheaval.  Both then decided that was the best thing since sliced bread and abandoned the hooded tray.  Once in a blue moon they used the hooded one and I like it being there as backup.  It's handy to know there's a tray in there when Mosi gets put in time out!  ;) A few months ago the hooded one suddenly became popular again following a replenish of the litter, although the bathroom one was still the favourite and gradually they abandoned the hooded one again. 

Anyway, a few weeks ago I realised that the litter in the hooded one was running a bit low but it was the end of the month financially and I couldn't afford enough litter to refill that huge tray as well as keep the bathroom tray nicely topped up so I decided to leave it until I restocked the cat litter.  If they didn't like it without much litter, they could just use the other one which is what they were doing anyway.  I kept giving it a visual check (it has no door) to see whether it had been used so that I could clean it but it never had although I could see that the litter was so low you could see the bottom of the tray through the litter in places.   Eventually I got new litter and went to clean and refill the hooded tray.  Imagine my horror when I took the hood off and discovered what I'd thought was the tray showing through was actually patches of mouldy litter!  The boys gave me the evil eye but I just scrubbed, disinfected and refilled the tray.  Immediately it was used by both and ever since then they have used the hooded tray more than the bathroom one.  And every time they use it they give me the evil eye.  I swear they do - as they step out of it they look at me in that way that only a cat can to remind me of my appalling lack of litter tray hygiene and how could I do that to them?  Don't I know that they love that litter tray and I am a terrible meowmy to deprive them of it?  And as for letting it get into that state - absolutely disgusting!  They are showing no signs of letting go of this grudge.

Ok boys, I agree with you.  But please, let it go now.  Are you going to make me feel bad about this forever?  It's all nice and clean and filled with clean litter now so can we call it a truce?  Please?

Link to CatChat