Author Topic: female peeing standing up?  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: female peeing standing up?
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 09:33:12 AM »
I have several who assume the standing position but fortunately they are large boys and use the bath so easy to clean
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline lillylau

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 09:29:17 AM »
Narla wees standing up to but im lucky as she always so far gets it all in the tray  ;D. The boys all sit down to wee, strange   :shocked:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 07:43:12 AM »
Jaffa is not a female  ;) but he pees standing up a lot of the time.  It was fine until he decided he didn't like the covered tray.  Now I use a large storage tray that has been cut out at the front but with a high back and sides.  It's high enough at the back and most of the sides to contain everything even if he is completely standing up, but is low enough at the front and a bit of the sides for him to not feel enclosed.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 19:45:15 PM »
Mogs did it as well. I used a covered tray with a liner of lino stood up around it as she aimed for the seal every time. In fact the one time I used a normal tray she stood in front of me and wee'd up the wardrobe  :naughty:
I also had a table I could enclose with plastic covering and newspaper on the floor just in case....

Mogs was lovely most of the time but had a few quirks like if I was cleaning her tray would wee on the floor (again in front of me) but I did get her back in later years when I took her to the vets as she hadnt poo'd in her tray for a few days only to find she'd given in and used Ambers tray to confuse me  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
love
Tab

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 18:58:06 PM »
Parsley used to do that  - I ended up resorting to covered trays, but before that I had waterproof cloth pinned to the wall that went under the trays. Looked lovely. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 17:52:30 PM »
afraid Tilly my bengal does this, well she starts low and moves her bum up as she is peeing - generally she goes in the covered tray and turns around but not always

she's always done it and is nearly 6

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
female peeing standing up?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 17:50:16 PM »
Pecan, hazel not so kitten pees standing up. It means though she is in the litter tray all the pee flys backwards over the rim and on the floor.

I've not seen this in a female before - is it common ? (OK well I know its not THAT common!).

Link to CatChat