Author Topic: hello from Merlin and me (='.'=) UPDATED BETTER PHOTOS :D  (Read 2929 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: hello from Merlin and me (='.'=) UPDATED BETTER PHOTOS :D
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 00:46:15 AM »
 :welcome: to you and the gorgeous Merlin  :Luv2:  Glad you chose that name I really think he suits it (but watch out for the magic spells!).

Agree with Gill - we all babble about our cats, so keep on babbling and keep on putting pics on here and join in the fun we have (Purrs Auction coming up soon).

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 21:01:36 PM »
If you get a chance have a look at the Purebliss Bengals website and look at the Studs page where you will find Purebliss Glacier - he is a fantastic example of a Snow Bengal - I am biased though because he is my snow bengals dad - LOL
I am owned by 4 Bengals and 2 moggies - All pure bred bengals have black pads and most have webbed feet too
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 13:05:43 PM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:    He could be a Chicago cat - he has a certain look to his eye.....   ;)  A touch Gangsta there maybe...?

Well I guess it could also be short for pudding mix, or puddy tat  :evillaugh:   yes, yes - that's why I thought of more "Bs" than anything else!   :wow:

How is it there are few sounds more satisfying in life than a cat's purr?  :) 

Offline merlinsmaid

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Merlin
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 13:01:07 PM »
 :Luv: i think zen is a lookalikey or merlin is the lookalikey to zen  :rofl:  i wasnt sure if pedigree pud was short for pudding like in pudding mix  so like merlin seems to be a mix of pedigrees . does that make any sense :shocked: i may have confused myself and merlin is looking at me as if to say 'hooman u is tawkin to a scween dat dont talk back, yoo silly hooman' he hould be in chigago with that accent  :rofl:
but then Merlin hardly makes any noises but his numatic drill purr  which sends you off to sleep lol

i think you think of more B's cos they all so Beautiful  :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 12:47:26 PM »

Zen looks very like Merlin, out of all of those piccies, I would say.    "Pedigree puds" in my book just about covers every single one of 'em that lives and breathes if you ask me, hence my comment,  :)  but in a literal and more serious sense, they're the recognised breeds such as Abyssinian, Bengal, Birman, Burmese, Cornish Rex,  La Perms, Maine Coons, Norwegian Forest Cats, Ragdoll,  Siamese, Tonkinese, Turkish Van, etc etc (typing way through the alphabet of cat breeds.  :hug:  Why is it, I could think of mainly cat breeds beginnning with B?  :Crazy:)

Offline merlinsmaid

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 12:35:47 PM »
 :Luv2: aww ty Sue  :thanks:

Sheryl - i just been searching the net for snow bengals and wow i am gobsmacked  :shocked:  i found several pics of cats that are sooooo clost to his colouring!!!  :wow:  Never did i think to look bengal even tho the tabby spotted backend he has reminded me of a old friends bengal only he was silver.

http://rainforestsexotics.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=70703652   number 6  is very similar but Merlin has darker legs and tail and lighter back.
http://www.warrenphotographic.co.uk/med.php?n=30890 and http://www.warrenphotographic.co.uk/med.php?n=31985  the same with these ones lol it says this one is cross but the nose colour and shading on the fur on the nose is exactly same colour as Merlins but the holw fur on the face is darker no white on Merlin.oh but that his eyes lol but they too pale for my cam to pick up and i dont want to use flash on him all time.

http://www.thepurrcompany.com/gallery/index.php?catnum=1  these photos of 'zen' have his tabby 'M' mark and the one where he is lying down grooming is just like one i took of Merlin. soft bengal markings but again Merlin is darker on feet tail head .

but those are the only photos of cat colours i have seen that are anywhere near his colour and markigns too apart from lilac point on a siamese.

:doh: so many beautiful kitties everywhere i have been hypnotised by them all and esp Merlin  :Crazy: LOL  :Luv2: :rofl:

edit to add errr whats a pedigree pud please :shy:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:39:57 PM by merlinsmaid »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 07:02:41 AM »
So, having hot-footed it over from the "Hi" thread, here he is!  What a stunner!!   :wow:   Merlin's gorgeous.  Every inch a pedigree Pud whatever his genes and lack of papers do or don't say (I'd agree with the consensus of moggie but undoubtedly he's a cat that can strut his stuff.  ;D  Then again, I can't think of one who can't.  or doesn't!  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:)

You have a lovely boy there.  :)

Offline merlinsmaid

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 21:59:30 PM »
hi Sheryl  ;D i just been playing with him and chasing him down to have a look. its hard when he pulls the da bird thing under the bed  :rofl:

his pads are black tho he does have two sep from eachother that have a pinky/purple hue but mainly black. his fur is also drker on the feet.tail,back of front paws and ears and faca if that helps any?

thankyou for taking time to read and answer my question  ;D

gill - ty i will have a look at AXA, thats spooky as i just done my home insurance thru someone and they use AXA LOL :rofl:

i a so grateful for everyone helping me thankyou so much, it would just be nice to know what he is and what colour to call him. i love him for him whatever colour or breed or moggy just like to get his description as close as possible as i dont want ever to loose him  :Luv2:
 :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 19:05:14 PM »
Sorry Hun - just seen where you say he has China Blue Eyes - that confirms to me that he has definately got Snow Bengal in there, from your description of the colour of his coat sounds like sepia snow - what colour are the pads on his feet?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 19:01:54 PM »
He is a handsome boy and definately looks like there is some Snow Bengal in there somewhere - what colour are his eyes x
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 17:03:10 PM »
We all babble about our cats LOL

Mine like the bottom and top step of the stairs carpet........sigh

Domestic shorthair is a silly phrase really cos it covers all moggies cept long haire ones  :hug: :hug:

Have you looked at AXA insurance, they are one of the best ones around?

Offline merlinsmaid

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 16:46:58 PM »
 :thanks: :Luv2:
i looked at pdsa insurance and they have brit shorthair and Domestic shorthair it well confused me,tho that is not hard to do LOL  :innocent:
oh if you could all meet him he rolls over like a dog for a belly rub he is just adorable and bunts/nubs my face he just steals your heart even couple of visitors who arent cat ppl are in love with him hehe.
i trying at the mo to teach him scratch posts are good for him to stretch on and fun stress reliever and for his claws but i failing, he thinks the underneath of my stair carpet is better LOL luckily i have one given to me to put down so i thought maybe sisal is a bit rough for his liking so gonna try wrapping the carpet (underside out) round the olga post . ooh i babbling now  :scared:

:hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 16:34:52 PM »
Yes BSH is a breed  ;D

Moggy is a mix of breeds and often moggy too LOL, just anything except a pedigree with papers.  ;D

Yes see what you mean about color and I think he is a tabby, a very unusial one but tabby probably the only way the insurance have a category for him. Definately not a silver tabby.

Cant help it but he is so gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline merlinsmaid

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 16:27:19 PM »
 :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

thankyou so much Moggy he is then  :wooooo:

is domestic shorthair the same as moggies?   or is it a breed of it own?

and does moggy just mean like heinz 57  a mix of breeds?

thanks so much i def put him down as moggy.  i still unsure about colour if he lilac or chocolate tabby any help you can give on colour ?
i rang the microchip ppl yesterday and told them he wasnt actualy silver tabby and tried to exlain over phone, the lady said she can put lilac/chocolate tabby as he sounded like that and  if that is incorrect after asking opinions from ppl who now alot more about colours i can ring and update it  ;)

hope you all having a good day and ty for saying how nice he is i think he is just tooo handsome for words but like i said i couldbe biased he my baby  :rofl:
 :hug: to everyone and furfamilies

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 14:54:00 PM »
Can't help with identification but he's certainly handsome and looks healthy and happy so what else matters.  ;D  As others have said, without papers he is a moggy for insurance purposes

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 12:54:45 PM »
looks like a british shorthair to me, he is lovely!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
hello from Merlin and me (='.'=) UPDATED BETTER PHOTOS :D
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 07:19:27 AM »
I would say there's definitely some pedigree in him... No idea what though :evillaugh: He has kind of 'snow' markings like a snow Bengal (just colour wise, he's defo not a Bengal!) :luv:

In the absense of any pedigree papers or other proof he is a gorgeous moggie. Moggies are normally cheaper to insure than pedigrees anyway!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 00:36:11 AM »
If he has no papers he is a moggy no matter what he may look like, but he looks like an exotic cross to me, or even a british short hair cross.

What ever he is he is just stunning  ;D

Offline merlinsmaid

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 22:35:13 PM »
 ;D hehe i been following with a camera today to get you all some better photos to see if you can hopefully tell his breed or if he moggy  :Luv2: and hopefully what colour and type of tabby he is  ;D then i can choose the insurance for him YAY  :wooooo:

edited: forgot to say they are in the first post replacing the rubishy mobile phone pics lol :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 22:36:27 PM by merlinsmaid »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: hello from Merlin and me (='.'=)
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 16:58:26 PM »
It's hard to say as the pics are a bit grainy, you can tell that he's a looker though  :Luv2:

Offline merlinsmaid

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 12:40:28 PM »
LOL forgot to say he came to me called Monty but he didnt seem to know it that why the photos have monty under them  :rofl: i tried to think of names similar to monty but one night when he cuddled up to me it felt like magic like dream come true so i thought he needs a magical name but couldnt think of one then suddenly Merlin came to mind and i said to him what about merlin for a name and he silent meaowed so that how he got new name and it didnt take him 5 mins to learn it  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 12:25:42 PM »

I dont think there is such a thing as a shorthaired persian  :innocent:

an exotic is a shorthaired persian

Offline merlinsmaid

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 12:13:49 PM »
 :thanks: i think he is uber handsome but i am his mummy LOL  :Luv2:
 I didnt think you could get short haired persians so when i looked thru my one book under exotic shorthair it says they are persian cross. but he still dont have the flat face or the crimply nose lol.
the guy i got him off said he paid over £200 for him but he said nothing of papers. he was on waiting list for a shelter (his wife had just had prem baby and they were frightned he would get jelous of th baby) but my friend told him about me and well pedigree or moggy is no difference to me i love em all lol i ppaid nothing for him. I been searching the web for persian crosses and exotic crosses and he stil looks like none of them lol.
i would like him to be moggy as persians and exotics have the respitry probs but whatever he is he is my baby for sure hehe.
 i will try get a better picture of his colour. one vet said he was brit blue but silver tabby  :-:  but all the silver tabby colours i know and have searched he not silver lol.  in my one book he looks lilac and chocolate tabby ( i couldnt tell the difference between the photos tbh) one think i know for sure he has china blue eyes they are dreamy  :Luv2:
if anyone knows of any photos of lilac or chocolate or fawn/creamy coloured tabbys could you let me know please as he cant be the only cat this colour lol.
 :thanks: and  :cat rub: lots of nubins from Merlin  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 23:52:18 PM »
Definately insure as a moggie but he is gorgeous  ;D

I dont think there is such a thing as a shorthaired persian  :innocent:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 22:21:03 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Difficult to tell without clearer pics  :shy:  :hug: but without pedigree papers I think he is a moggie for insurance purposes which would in any event be the cheaper option.

One thing's for absolute certain he is definitely one gorgeous hunk  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline merlinsmaid

• Adult Cat
hello from Merlin and me (='.'=) UPDATED BETTER PHOTOS :D
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 21:29:38 PM »
waves hi to everyone,nice to meet you all  :nice meet:
I wondered if i could ask you all for your opinion on his breed (or no breed ) and colour please?
he came to me from an owner who said he was persian short hair. so i looked in my books and i thought he meant exotic shorthair but he isnt pedigree. he is short hair.no fluffy tail. has cobby head which does has flattish nose but no where near like a persian or a exotic.
 his colouring is like a fawn/creamy biege colour tabby with darker tabby on face feet and tail if he didnt have tabby markings he looks like a lilac point to me , but i am no expert. i am used to moggies.
the reason i am asking is so i can sort his insurance out, he has been vac'd.chipped.nutured etc just insurance now and they ask what he is but i dont know and different vets and nurses say diff things  :Dont know: all i know is he is very handsome so warning to my pics if they show up ok.LOL i hope to borrow a cam to get better pics and then i will replace the ones i put up if that OK.

cuteness warning lol

edited to update better photos  ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:04:24 AM by merlinsmaid »

Link to CatChat