Author Topic: Japanese Cat Cafe  (Read 1978 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Japanese Cat Cafe
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 00:58:33 AM »
Fantastic  :Luv2: :hug:

One of those cats had a very posh water dish and I loved the pink chair/lounger thingy.

Never mind the slice of cake Helen, let's order a banquet and stay all day and night  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 17:24:13 PM »
What a brilliant idea, and it's great that the welfare of the cats comes before the customers.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 17:20:06 PM »
I went to one in Tokyo; paid by the hour, and extra if you want tea  ;D

The place had two stories; the upstairs had a room with a 'private kitty area' away  from people, and it also had a wii in there (with a game that had birds and fish you could move around for the kitties) a staircase complete with 'kitty shelves' (they were full with a sleeping kitty each) going down into a larger room with tables chairs, and many hidey places for the kitties.

Various pots were placed everywhere filled with different wand toys, and loads of cubes, scratch posts etc. i didnt want to leave!  ;D

Sounds fab, and with the added bonus that all teh other customers were 'nice' as they are obviously cat people  :)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 13:51:04 PM »
Kitty heaven for people to visit? Is this where we've been going wrong?

How about we find someone with a great big house, put all our long term rescue moggies in there and charge (nice) people to come and cuddle/feed/play with them.

Bet there's a lot of folk would want to come live there (oooh thoughts run wild - cat cafes, kitty hotels, furry de-tox health spa weekends) and if you fall in love with a cat, you can take it home with you!

Now who can we ask about the funding to set this up (the sublime Simon Cowell maybe)  :Crazy: :briggin: :ahh:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 13:47:05 PM »
They must be permanent residents Gillian....

"Cat cafes are quite popular in Japan, with Tokyo being home to at least 39 cat cafes. A pioneer is Cat’s Store, by Hanada Norimasa, which opened in 2005. The popularity of cat cafes in Japan is attributed to many apartments forbidding pets, and to cats providing relaxing companionship in what may otherwise be a stressful and lonesome urban life; other forms of pet rental  :-: are also common in Japan.

There are various cat cafes. Some cat cafes feature specific categories of cat such as black cats, fat cats, rare breed cats or ex-stray cats. A cat cafe must obtain a license and comply with the strict requirements and regulations of the Animal Treatment/Protection Law.

Japanese cat cafés feature strict rules to ensure cleanliness and animal welfare, in particular seeking to ensure that the cats are not disturbed by excessive and unwanted attention, such as by young children or when sleeping. Many cat cafes also seek to raise awareness of cat welfare issues, such as abandoned and stray cats"

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 13:36:02 PM »
How do these work then? are the cats permanent residents in these cafes?

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 12:18:38 PM »
I went to one in Tokyo; paid by the hour, and extra if you want tea  ;D

The place had two stories; the upstairs had a room with a 'private kitty area' away  from people, and it also had a wii in there (with a game that had birds and fish you could move around for the kitties) a staircase complete with 'kitty shelves' (they were full with a sleeping kitty each) going down into a larger room with tables chairs, and many hidey places for the kitties.

Various pots were placed everywhere filled with different wand toys, and loads of cubes, scratch posts etc. i didnt want to leave!  ;D

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 22:33:53 PM »
i wonder if rescues here had seperate cafe section like it, would they be popular? :wow:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 22:26:36 PM »
I'd never want to leave  :Luv2: .... oh go on then, I'll have another slice of cake  :evillaugh:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 22:24:21 PM »
wow, some of those cats are so cute :Luv2:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Japanese Cat Cafe
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 18:47:36 PM »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Link to CatChat