Author Topic: Huge thanks from Wildlife Aid  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Huge thanks from Wildlife Aid
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 21:48:59 PM »

about 100 pigeons, 20 doves, a crow, 3 foxes, 12 badgers, a swan, 3 seagulls, 50 hedgehogs and a sparrow!

...... and a patridge in a pear tree  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  (sorry couldn't resist!)

So pleased the food will be enjoyed by your patients and sending lots of get well soon vibes to the all  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 11:01:07 AM »
Hi Lucy - Welcome to Purrs  ;D

The original thread was here (Might need to be an "adult cat"):
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38732.0.html

Been to you a couple of times - besides the food delivery. You helped me with medication for the mangy fox - special drops on bread and strawberry jam for 6 weeks. And also took in a racing pigeon that was found in my street exhausted. Staff and volunteers always very helpful. :hug:

Checked out the new website for wildlife aid and saw the video of a badger being released to where a number had been released in a safe sett in Surrey this month - Badger was looking good after all your care and some of the Purrs food.  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 00:15:28 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Lucy  ;D

You, or rather the badgers (and their other furry friends), are more than welcome  :)

Big  :thanks: go to Edd - the member who posted about the appeal and did the shopping for the cans and delivering them too!

Offline Lucywildlifeaid

• Kitten
  • Slave to: blinky and striker
Huge thanks from Wildlife Aid
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 15:39:40 PM »
 :thanks:
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to post to thank everyone for donating to buy us so many tins of food for our wildlife patients from The wildlife Aid Foundation - www.wildlifeaid.org.uk

This food will go a long way to helping us with our many patients, all UK wildlife, that stay with us after rescue or being brought in by kind members of the public.

It is also great that these naughty felines give up some of their dinner to help the birds they so often cause to have hospital stays with us... and before you worry, I have 2 such naughty felines of my own, so know very well how difficult it can be!!!  :innocent:

We rely solely upon donations such as yours to keep going, as we get no government help, so a huge thanks from me and our current patients - about 100 pigeons, 20 doves, a crow, 3 foxes, 12 badgers, a swan, 3 seagulls, 50 hedgehogs and a sparrow! Though the pigeons, doves and swan wont be eating it, the crow, foxes, badgers and hedgehogs most certainly will!  ;D

Thanks again to everyone who got involved and hopefully we'll see some of you on our open day next year on Fathers day, 17th June.  :Luv:

From Lucy Kells, Hospital Manager of the Wildlife Aid Foundation.

Link to CatChat