Author Topic: Work placement in a cattery...  (Read 2729 times)

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
Re: Work placement in a cattery...
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 23:11:44 PM »
Is that the one in Conlig, Mervyn? My brother in law lives just down the road and donates all his old newspapers to them. It's a lovely place and I'm sure you will really enjoy your placement there.
Thanks,
Yes it is,it's where I got Daisy from.
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 15:46:45 PM »
Is that the one in Conlig, Mervyn? My brother in law lives just down the road and donates all his old newspapers to them. It's a lovely place and I'm sure you will really enjoy your placement there.

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 20:30:57 PM »
sounds fabulous!     hope it goes well  :naughty:
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 17:52:11 PM »
I second what TKM has said, loads of luck in your new post  :hug: :hug:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 17:34:49 PM »
It sounds like it may be ideal for you, at least when you are doing something you enjoy it feels less like work, I think the government should open up more opportunitys like this, I think a lot of people unemployed after redundancy etc can get overwhelmed by it all, like if you are in a well paid managment position then get offered endless jobs like pot washing, till worker etc, it doesnt help your self esteem. at least helping animals you get the chance to put back into life and feel like you are doing something worthwhile!
It also gives rescues the chance of extra help without having to pay out wages which is brilliant.

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 13:30:28 PM »

Well its about time the government did something for animal charities, they do precious little for animal welfare... although I think alot of that is because their hands are tied by the flaming EU.... there's another story.

Hope it works out and that you don't get your heart broken at the sanctuary.. you probably will but you will be doing something really worthwhile and important.  Well done.

Jo

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 13:20:07 PM »
That sounds like a great thing to do Mervyn  :) Everyone's a winner - from the cats/dogs that will get some extra attention, the charity will get the much needed hands on help and of course it will do you the world of good I'm sure of that  :hug:

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 13:14:43 PM »
Just back from my monthly interview with the job center (part of me claiming sick benefit) & they're going to look at getting me an 8 week work placement with the ASSISI Animal Sancturary,where I got Miss Daisy Cat from, in the next month or so,once my hospital results are back.
Just little things like helping out in the cattery or walking the dogs...
The are a couple extra 'perks' like an extra £15 a week on my ESA,but it's something I want to do,plus the ASSISI is a charity & it's sort of a way of giving back something,plus it might lead to employment there hopefully...

Cheers Jo,
The were other placements but I mentioned to the lady on the last visit I was looking at volenteering at the ASSISI anyway,but this is done thru Bangor collage,so they also pay for my petrol as well.
I'm not interested in gardening ect &,in a perverse way,the DSS are paying for me to work at a charity,so in effect,the ASSISI are getting government help... :naughty:
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
[/center]
[img

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 12:58:38 PM »
Mervyn,

That sounds a really good idea and a great opportunity. I'm sure you'll love it (though you may come back home with half a dozen new cats!) and you will be helping a charity and is great experience as well for future work. I would love to work with animals..... instead I am stuck in an office (ironically processing ESA claims!!!)

Good luck with it.

Jo

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
Work placement in a cattery...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 12:53:10 PM »
Just back from my monthly interview with the job center (part of me claiming sick benefit) & they're going to look at getting me an 8 week work placement with the ASSISI Animal Sancturary,where I got Miss Daisy Cat from, in the next month or so,once my hospital results are back.
Just little things like helping out in the cattery or walking the dogs...
The are a couple extra 'perks' like an extra £15 a week on my ESA,but it's something I want to do,plus the ASSISI is a charity & it's sort of a way of giving back something,plus it might lead to employment there hopefully...
[/center]
[img

Link to CatChat