Author Topic: will she ever shut up?!  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Furry Friend

• Adult Cat
  • I have 2 cats toffee and ziggy. Love them to bits!
  • Slave to: Toffee and Ziggy and Bloo
Re: will she ever shut up?!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 17:09:24 PM »
I think it is a bengal trait, but shes soo loud! (and.. wees everywhere!)  we have so much problems with toffee, she really is a pain!

Yes, she is so my moms cat! :P (I picked her but shes bonded to my mom) ziggy is mine bless him ;) sHE SHUTS UP WHEN MOM FUSSES HER, SHE SITS IN HER arms on the the table, on the newspaper, on her lap. Anywhere mom is toffee is, as soon as mom goes out side, she starts meow meow!!!! It sounds so depressing sometimes, it drains me out! :P :P :P But... i suppose thats toffee for you :)

Thanks for the earplug idea :) :):) Might by a way lol

Thanks for all the help!!! (orry for caps didnt realise haha )
You cant have just 1 cat

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 14:37:09 PM »
One of my cats is a bengal and she is the loudest thing ever!!!

The other day I had to use a voice activating customer phone service, and she was walking around shouting while I tried to choose the correct options. She ''chose'' the wrong options for me 3 times, and finally she ''chose'' to finish the phone call!

It's just how they're programmed. Bengals are loud!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 13:25:37 PM »
I know,  it's their main way of trying to get us to understand, if you think about it.

Paddy yowled a lot after his stroke when he was left deaf.  After about a year, the yowling stopped, but it was partly because he needed to communicate and didn't know if we could hear him cos he certainly couldn't and that was a mystery he couldn't fathom, and partly for reassurance.  When you wrote that it's worst when you come in, and then when your Mom goes out of sight, I think it seems like she might be anxious about it, and really pleased when her people come back to her.  She needs to tell you about that in the only way she knows she can get your attention.   :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 13:20:32 PM »
Like Ellen has said you curse it at the time and then when they are no longer with you, you yearn to hear them shout.

Napoleon was a shouter like most birmans and he would be telling me things and when he became ill he was shouting at top of his voice and I couldnt understand what he wanted. I eventually went with him and despite he must have been in pain he took me upstairs to the litter tray and showed me he couldnt go.

Breaks my heart to think about it and think its best to try and know what they are trying to say and I miss his mrrrrrrooowing so much now, his brother is whining a lot and mostly its for food but just dont know why he is doing it and very worrying.

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 13:00:42 PM »
Believe me you would miss it if she was not around for some reason, but do realise it can be annoying.  I had one that use to meow as soon as the phone rang and all the way through the conversation, I used to curse her for it but when I lost her the house seemed so empty and very quiet.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 12:50:26 PM »
tilly does it for all sorts of reason, she is hungry, she is bored, she is asking one of the others to chase her - she even yowels in her sleep sometimes  I would actually miss it if she didn't the other three of mine are practically mute

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 12:41:13 PM »
Sounds like it could be an endearing but tiring trait.  Would you feel comfortable wearing ear plugs at night?  This might help you get a better sleep, although I appreciate some people don't feel right with ear plugs in (me for one - what if I missed an "important" noise?  :scared:

With your Mom it sounds as if she might have a degree of separation anxiety.  Does it stop if she gets attention?

Am just wondering if there's anything in any of Vicky Hall's books which might be useful, although I suspect given it's a well known Bengal characteristic, you could well be stuck with it.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 21:18:30 PM »
Have to say our bengal in the bathroom Miss Porsche is a yowler and does talk as well but she's not as bad as the Ragdolls Caspurr and Minmin and I am also so lucky that my domestics and ferals are talkers as well so she is in good voice in this house if she can get a word in edgeways :shocked: :rofl:

Oh also the Clan dogs are talkers to so sometimes its like having the Radio on 24/7 here :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 19:26:26 PM »
It is a common trait for Bengals to be verbal - 3 of my 4 are very verbal and TBH I wouldnt have it any other way, I love chatting to them - well they dont call me the "Mad Cat Lady" for nothing  :rofl:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 19:18:36 PM »
she's just noisy a bengal  :naughty:

Offline Furry Friend

• Adult Cat
  • I have 2 cats toffee and ziggy. Love them to bits!
  • Slave to: Toffee and Ziggy and Bloo
will she ever shut up?!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 19:16:41 PM »
 ;DHI
Toffee my bengal is 5 yrs old.
She always been noisy as bengals are, but just lately she wont shut up. from as soon as we walk in to bed shes constantly meow meow meow, it lasts hours! (and gets louder each time!)
when my mom leaves the room its worse! You can hear her in the house from down the garden! Shes soooo loud!!! Is there anyway to make her shut up, its cute for a while but soon gets rather annoying, ecspecially when your trying to sleep at night and all you hear is meow meow moew!!!!
:D Any suggestions besides `shes just noisy` lol there has got to be an answer!!! :) :( :)

THANKS ALOT  :hug:
You cant have just 1 cat

Link to CatChat