Author Topic: fallen in love - Bengal kitten  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: fallen in love - Bengal kitten
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 23:29:35 PM »
Now Angie thats not good telling me about that poor Bengal in need of a feral home!!!

I'm sure I could arrange a transport run..... if you can put me up for the night and there are no storms at that longitude!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 23:08:34 PM »
Now Angie thats not good telling me about that poor Bengal in need of a feral home!!!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 22:43:33 PM »
i believe persian rescue in Rushden have a naughty bengal who needs a 'feral' home if anyone want one.

Offline sharonbee

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Max,Chloe,Paris,Dave,Isak,Freya
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 22:06:51 PM »
I love Bengals, they are stunning aren't they? We have done a website for a bengal breeder and we love to see all her pics when we do her updates.

I particularly like the snow bengals although she says most people prefer the brown Bengals who ask her for kittens.

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 17:30:15 PM »
Yes - maybe I should clarify that I meant Outdoor. Maybe it's just my bengal and her brothers, but outdoors they won't let anyone get too close (human, cat, dog) -they also like fighting other cats.

Indoors my bengal is affectionate with a loud, tractor-like purr. She likes her own space, so has a whole sofa in the lounge just to herself.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 13:32:28 PM »
yes Tilly is pretty much how Sheryl puts it - she certainly isn't wild or feral she likes her satin cushion to sleep on!

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 13:29:18 PM »
I wouldnt describe any of my Bengals as wild - strong willed definately and loud but still loving and so so  funny to watch when they are up to their antics  :Luv:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 14:41:31 PM »
Bengals are loud, and pretty wild - sometimes almost feral! But once you're smitten, you tend to look past those things :)

My bengal hates ALL other cats, apart from our other cat, but it took her a long time to accept him, and she'll still bop him and chase him when she's in that mood. She will take on any neighbour cat that dares coming on our property - she can be quite vicious.

She loves dogs though! My very unruly female puppy and the bengal are best friends. They cannot get enough of rubbing against each other and play.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Furry Friend

• Adult Cat
  • I have 2 cats toffee and ziggy. Love them to bits!
  • Slave to: Toffee and Ziggy and Bloo
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 20:29:53 PM »
we have a bengal and a dog. Infact toffee LOVES the dog.. she will hassle him for hours!!!

They are very demanding but quite socialable, toffee never shuts up, she meows for hours. Last night she was meowing from 7-11! In the end mom had enough lol
If you want peace i wouldnt recommened having anoisy bengal kitten!(or cat)
 :)
But she is loving, says `eh oh` when we come in, talks to the dog, plays with everything, moms watch is her favourite :P

Good luck hope you find a lovely cat
You cant have just 1 cat

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 20:51:42 PM »
Hee hee Helen you're a mind reader.....  :shify:

However, Biscuit really quite upset Buffy and Bobby and since I lost him last year Buffy has been so happy - she's now ten and a half and has put up with so many fosters and oldies coming and going over the years that I've made a promise that she's now number one - and no more while she's here. I don't know much about breeds but it sounds like Bengals can be quite demanding and while I'm sure the young dog would love him (!) I'm pretty sure the cats would be very unhappy.

Also - If I was to rehome another (when I rehome another!), it would be an FIV, seeing as we're an FIV household and they tend to be harder to home.

I've not seen him since I posted last and I've been away this weekend. Will be looking out for Bengal loves this week though  :Luv: and might have to bring myself to speak to the people and see if I can offer any advice or at least make sure he's neutered etc.

Offline Furry Friend

• Adult Cat
  • I have 2 cats toffee and ziggy. Love them to bits!
  • Slave to: Toffee and Ziggy and Bloo
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 21:07:39 PM »
I have a bengal, shes 5 now. Vey noisy,and she always wants cuddles! She can be annoying at time though. :D
 :)
You cant have just 1 cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 20:46:39 PM »
Poor little boy, looking for a new home aged just 7 months  :( Have you considered homing him yourself Scmew?  :sneaky:  :naughty:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 08:25:08 AM »
bengals are great but not everyones cup of tea, I love mine and wouldn't be without one but I can understand that they aren't for everyone, I can see why the noise and the level of activity leaves people wondering what they have done.  Sadly there are masses for sale considering it was a rare breed not that long ago  >:(

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 20:48:09 PM »
What a sad situation  :(, 1 Bengal is enough here at the Clan
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
fallen in love - Bengal kitten
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 19:58:32 PM »
Oh dear.

The new people in our street (I don't talk to them) have a kitten, approx 7-8 months, apparently a bengal and according to my neighbour he is for sale on Preloved (agh!) as he wees in the house  :'( This may or may not be entirely true.

Anyway, I've finally met him out and about and I'm smitten. He come chirping to see me and I have spent ages today (before work and on my lunchtime visit home) sat on the pavement with him, he's so affectionate and  gentle and just so adorable  :Luv: and making me extremely broody. He's really gentle. I'm in love!  :Luv2:

Can't find him on preloved so hoping that's just my neighbour making things up.

Bengal, anyone??!!!

Link to CatChat