Author Topic: is she pregnant?  (Read 1404 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: is she pregnant?
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 12:36:38 PM »
Hmmm and Eek!

Welcome  :welcome: to the forum, btw, I've been on holiday so am catching up with a coffee and extra cat cuddles today.

Might be worth a quick trip to the vet. If she's not preggers this weight gain may be something you need to know about. Can you measure her waistline with a measuring tape to monitor her - it's quite tricky to gauge by eye.

Also, and forgive my scepticism about the origins of these lovely furbs, but I understand from your other threads that they came to you as already neutered from a friend of a friend.

I've heard this tale before, where a dodgy owner has told fibs about their status in order to get cats re-homed. If she is pregnant, then almost certainly the boys will be entire as well. This would possibly explain two things you mentioned:

1. The smell you experienced when they were in your spare room could well be that Tom-stink that would only be present if one of the boys wasn't successfully castrated.
2. The negative reactions from your two resident cats would be exaggerated if any of the new trio were entire.

I do hope I'm jumping to conclusions, but if there is the chance she's about to produce a set of kittens you need to know for sure what you've already (heroically I must add)  taken on-board.

Offline VoodooloopyLou

• Adult Cat
  • Purrfect!
  • Slave to: Flick, China, Piggy, Marmalade & Porridge
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 12:15:19 PM »
well she seems very round & seems to be gettin bigger..... :censored:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:10:49 AM »
Any news on Piggy and the might-be-pregnancy ?

Offline VoodooloopyLou

• Adult Cat
  • Purrfect!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 22:36:24 PM »
Yea same food, Im not planning on changing it x

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 20:55:28 PM »
is she on the same food as her previous home? our Jonny gets very round when he eats food that doesn't agree with him. his previous home actually thought he was pregnant because his tummy would get so round but Jonny is definately a boy (having had his peas deshelled), he just has a very sensitive tum!

Offline VoodooloopyLou

• Adult Cat
  • Purrfect!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 20:46:10 PM »
the lady that i got them from had htem 1.5 yrs, a friend of a friend gave them to her as they moved away but they was ment to be takin them back, the 1st day fount piggy when she was pregnant as a stray, took her and she had the two boys, the lady i got them from was told they had all been done! your right bout her not being caught in 1.5yrs then she most prob has been done! i wormed them the day they got here!
lou x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 20:40:49 PM »
Oooh, I hope not too  :-: Do you know her history at all? Am I right in thinking the person who was fostering them before you adopted them had them for quite a while? If she wasn't pregnant in the time she was with the fosterer then hopefuly she won't be now!

Has she been wormed recently? I have male cats who sometimes get 'nipple partings' so I wouldn't go on that alone!

Offline VoodooloopyLou

• Adult Cat
  • Purrfect!
is she pregnant?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 20:21:53 PM »
Piggy, the cat i took on has a very round belly, she seems to got fatter since she came to me a week ago, when on her back the hair around the nipples has parted so they are very visible. I hope she isnt.
Lou x

Link to CatChat