Author Topic: Feliway Plug ins  (Read 3634 times)

Offline LiziL

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Milly and Mitzy
Re: Feliway Plug ins
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 10:35:13 AM »
I have found the Feliway brilliant!!! chilled my two out and stopped them fighting as much and was also i thought a spider deterrent!!! RESULT!! (didnt have one in my house until it ran out!!)
But i thought id let you all no the reason my Mitzy was poorly was because the vet had given her too high doseage of tablets!!!!  :'(
I took her to another vets for a second opinion and he was very shocked they had given her such a high doseage at such a young age (8months) and that it could have stunted her growth or even worse she could have died!!!  :'(

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 20:38:39 PM »
It all depends...
Sometimes, if the cat just needs to relax a bit to get used to a situation, you can take it out later, when he has settled in. But some cats really need the reassurance at all times.
In multiple cat households they can be a godsent to prevent minor skirmishes turn into real cat fights, especially if you have a few cats of about equal status in the group.

Offline michelle_w

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 08:08:56 AM »
I have often wondered about these and after seeing the link posted for it much cheaper decided to order 1 and see. So  :thanks:  Hoping it will arrive this morning or Monday. 1 of my cats is generally just a nervous cat and scared of anything or anyone strange so am going to see if it helps her relax. I see people say it can take a couple of weeks to work so do I need to keep 1 plugged in or can it be something I can plug in and turn off when she seems a bit more stressed?

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 08:45:18 AM »
Thanks for the link I've just ordered another refill. I was hoping to get away with it but as the last one ran out and yesterday I unplugged it to use the hoover Amber suddenley noticed so in the middle of the night we had the half hour litter tray digging which if I dont get her chilled out turns into cystitis attack  :Crazy:
Hopefully she'll be ok until it arrives if I dont do any more hoovering  :naughty:

Actually possibly not the hoovering at fault but I had a bad day on friday so it could be nmy fault.....didnt think I was that stressed though  ;)
love
Tab

Offline LiziL

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 21:31:58 PM »
 :thanks: everyone!! found all very helpful! Bought one yesterday and Mitzy seems a little happier but still very sulky...  :tired: oh well surpose il have to give it a little longer than 24hours!!!

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 16:07:54 PM »
Feliway worked for my Sam (RIP  :'() - had one plugged in the lounge and one in the bedroom when needed. Would find my Sam on his back with his legs stretched out displaying a rather delicious tummy for a raspberry blow. :)

Used to chill the Divine Miss Chelsea out as well. After she was attacked by that nasty doggy last year  and missing for 13 hours;  I had her on Feliway diffusers and Zylkene tabs cos she was a nervous wreck for some time - and that combination defo helped her a lot.

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 15:10:35 PM »
Since last November I had one plugged in all the time, I bought it for the fireworks season and once the first one ran out, Lacie started turning her nose up at her food, I got another one and she seemed to go back to eating without a fuss, then when the last one ran out a couple of months ago there was no change in her eating habits so I haven't bought another refill! It must've just been a coincidence.
However, I would still use it at times of potential stress, I am actually going to buy one today ready for when I introduce new kitty Mollie to my little princess Lacie.  :scared:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 14:11:50 PM »
I only use the plug ins at potential stressful times - i.e. intro of newbie to the group, or when I have foster cats in the house and find them very useful and effective in those situations. I don't see the need to keep them plugged in all the time.  :)

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 12:49:25 PM »
The plug in definitely worked for my two.  They were a bit stressed out one morning when we had builders in the back, I plugged it is and within half an hour they were both lying upside down next to each other all loved up and relaxed.

I also used it after a stressful trip to the vets and it had the same effect very quickly.

I only use it when the cats seem stressed, it could be very expensive to have plugged in all the time but is certainly worth a try.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 12:29:01 PM »
I have found both plug in and spray good.  I often use a plug in although I've not used it for a while.  When I used a cattery I used to take the spray with me and ask the staff to spray some in their pen each day.  When I started doing that the staff said they did think they settled in quicker when the feliway was used.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »
I aways have one plugged in and notice a difference when it runs out - I ordered from the link that Helen has posted on Wed last week, opted for free postage which said 2nd Class Standard - the parcel arrived on Friday so I was well impressed and saved loads.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 12:12:32 PM »
I use it a lot.
When they were working on the road, Steffie got very stressed, she even peed in the house. I got the plug-in and it really helped her relax.
When Precious, a very dominant rescue cat, temporarily moved in with us, the plug-in helped so much we decided she might as well live out her last years with us, and she did, with no problems at all.

I even use it when the cats are too wild when there is a storm brewing. There often seems to be a storm inside the cats, too, when the barometer falls.

Offline Ambi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 02:35:43 AM »
I used them when we got Mindy and it certainly seemed to hel

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 00:40:45 AM »
I'm a big fan of the plug-ins, I have an overly sensitive cat who gets very nervy/jumpy in general when things are 'out of place'  With the Feliway plugged in he is a different cat and his cheeky, confident side shines through  :)

Someone posted this site recently which is very cheap for Feliway (a few people on Purrs have ordered from them with no issues)

http://www.medicines4pets.co.uk/shop/feliway-diffuser.html - Plug-in & vial - £16.00

http://www.medicines4pets.co.uk/shop/feliway-diffuser-refill.html - refill - £11.50

P&P is free when you spend over £25 or £2 if you spend less than £25.

Offline LiziL

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 20:32:49 PM »
haha oh no!! isnt it funny how Amber picks up on it though!  :Crazy:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 19:40:28 PM »
What can I say when the vet thought it hilarious that I get stressed and Amber gets ill I wasnt impressed  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline LiziL

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 16:31:40 PM »
 :thanks: Nicky and Tab think i might have to get one and see!! Thanks!!

Haha Nicky il bare that in mind!

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 16:30:46 PM »
Too add to my coment about the spray, I sprayed it when the cats were in the room!! Think I over did it and it made them a bit too relaxed.  :tired:

Nicky

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 16:26:59 PM »
I use them with Amber as she gets stress cystitis and I find it helps. It could totally psycological though as she gets ill when I get stressed so by using the plug I dont get stressed and she doesnt get ill so maybe they on me not her  :Crazy: :Crazy:

That said I dont use them all the time as I cant afford it and do find if the plug has been turned off and is turned on suddenly Amber is all cuddly

I have the spray and used to take it to spray the cattery when I put her in and she hated it. Last time I forgot it and she wandered around the pen quite happily

hope that helps
love
Tab

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 16:24:37 PM »
I've used it a couple of times, it works for my 2, used it when we were due to move, I also have the spray, to  use if going to the vets.

Nicky

Offline LiziL

• Adult Cat
Feliway Plug ins
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 15:52:30 PM »
Hello!! has anyone tryed the Feliway plug ins?? Do they work?  :Crazy:

Link to CatChat