Author Topic: Bubz and wet food  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Helena

• Adult Cat
    • Living With Wheels
  • Slave to: Bubz
Re: Bubz and wet food
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 08:20:21 AM »
I know what you mean about it being costly to find a new food.

I would try Pets at Home and get a few single sachets of some affordable food just to try out.

My two used to like the hi life potty about gravy - I went into our local (very small) pet supplies shop and asked for it once, I think thy thought I was the potty one!

Now they love Felix sauce sensations, but what one cat loves, another will no doubt turn it's nose up at!!!

Bubz will just eat the juices/gravy and leave the solids. Our PAH only does the packs, which isnt any help
:(
Have you tried heating the food in the microwave just for 10 seconds? I know it's warm at the minute, but having it heated night make it more tempting?!

That doesnt help - Bubz is a real fuss-pot.
Helen A (mainly on behalf of Bubz)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 22:03:36 PM »
I know what you mean about it being costly to find a new food.

I would try Pets at Home and get a few single sachets of some affordable food just to try out.

My two used to like the hi life potty about gravy - I went into our local (very small) pet supplies shop and asked for it once, I think thy thought I was the potty one!

Now they love Felix sauce sensations, but what one cat loves, another will no doubt turn it's nose up at!!!

Have you tried heating the food in the microwave just for 10 seconds? I know it's warm at the minute, but having it heated night make it more tempting?!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Helena

• Adult Cat
    • Living With Wheels
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 15:29:24 PM »
have you tried the Gourmet pates? two of mine like them, and if Bubz does too, you will find them in supermarkets, and a bigger range is available from Zooplus

I'm reluctant to go up in price simply in affordability, Kay, at the moment, her Bubzship is costing £16 pcm from Amazon; my sister has 2 young brother cats and I put her onto the Hilife pate and so she buys 4 boxes pmonth and mixes up one for me as they dont do mixed boxes. I'll think about it though as I don't like the thought of only dry food.

Helen - well and truly under the claw!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 13:46:44 PM »
have you tried the Gourmet pates? two of mine like them, and if Bubz does too, you will find them in supermarkets, and a bigger range is available from Zooplus
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Helena

• Adult Cat
    • Living With Wheels
Bubz and wet food
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 10:00:34 AM »
Bubz has over the last few months gone off one of the Hilife pates and then another and I'm at my wits end as I cant afford to throw food away. I know from experience that she wont start liking food that she has gone off, so  what do I do? Cave in and just give her Whyskas dry food or what?

She is fit and healthy and though she is suffering from the heat in terms of what she will eat the signs are that that she doesnt like the Hilife any more.

Link to CatChat