Author Topic: Catnip.  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Catnip.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 09:37:39 AM »
I have never managed to grown catnip in the garden, as soon as I buy a plant and put it in my lot descend on it like a plague of furry locusts and nibble it right down to the soil.  Any bit missed by my gang get hoovered up by rest of the neighbourhood kitties lol.

It does them no harm although I do find they react differently when "stoned" on catnip.  Zephyr gets all boisterous for a while then just rolls around before going to sleep  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Catnip.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 03:05:39 AM »
No they'll be fine, just don't let them catnip and drive!

Cats react differently to catnip. Some act like they're in heat, others don't react at all, I had one who looked stoned after rubbing on and eating fresh catnip.
 It isn't toxic. Just watch how your cats respond to it, if they do get sort of stoned, try to keep them in till it wears off. I wouldn't have trusted Polly to negotiate the top of the garden fence safely.

Let your cats loose on the catnip, it won't harm them. I hope you have it in pots and not growing in a flower bed because it will take over; it grows like mint, easily and rapidly.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:07:26 AM by Hippykitty »
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
Catnip.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 01:47:11 AM »
Could some one tell me if my cats will be harmed by eating my catnip plant please?

Link to CatChat