Author Topic: Post-snip  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Post-snip
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 14:39:39 PM »
I am soooo glad that things went well for you and Frankenstein  ;D

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 12:47:04 PM »
Thanks for your support :)

Frankie's op was fine. They made a tiny cut to snip the bits but it didn't need stitches. They shaved a bit off his leg for injections and his little bits were shaved which I knew they would otherwise there would be no way they could find them! Silly fur ball.

When they brought him out in his carrier he was very sleepy, sad and scared. He looked way too cute. When he realised I was there he started crying for me. Had to spend the trip home with my fingers in the carrier so he could cuddle to them otherwise he meowed so loudly.

When we got home I let him out and he was very wobbly, sore and incredibly thirsty. After a good drink he came and cuddled up with me for a big sleep.

Later on in the evening I gave him some chicken which he wolfed down. He kept trying to have play but falling asleep. After a lovely night of cuddles he was back to normal (if not more hungry than normal) on Saturday.

In short, getting Frankenstein snipped resulted in lots of cuddles and hopefully him not want to go far when I start letting him out. Bonus :D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 14:27:18 PM »
Alfs was nearly a year old when he was done, so his marbles were well in evidence. The vet just makes a small cut in the scrotum and pops the testicle out. There might be a little internal stitch but there shouldn't be anything that needs removing.

Post-op Alfs was absolutely fine but some cats can be a bit wobbly for a while. He went and lay in the washbasin for the rest of the day (I guess it was cool for his nether regions) and there was a tiny smear of blood left where he had been, but that was all.

I sure that Frankie will be fine and will soon be back home with you  :hug:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 14:12:58 PM »
Boys especially should be fine, I cant even remember seeing any evidence when dexter got done.

He will of course be drowsy, so just keep an eye on him. My OH always says to Dex 'Do you remember when you were little and I had to pull a piece of poo off your bum?!'  :rofl:  :rofl:

They should give you their instructions, and bland food (my vet gave us a sachet after the op)

They will prob say to keep him in tonight too. Lots of cuddles!!! We all forget to ask stuff, but they will tell you all you need to know. Hope he's ok, and hugs for you too  :hug:  :hug:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 13:55:47 PM »
he will be fine, for the boys its a tiny op (I know most human men wouldn't agree lol!) he might lick at it a bit which should be discouraged but other than that you shouldn't have any trouble

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
Post-snip
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 13:24:26 PM »
Hi guys,

Frankenstein went the vets this morning to be snipped. I can call the vets at 2 to see how he's doing and hopefully I can go get him shortly after (missing him so much!!).

I was just wondering if I need to make any additional preparations for him. Everything has been cleaned through (hoovering without being battered is a novelty now), his bed is set up and we don't have any other animals around to bug him. My partner, who is his human play thing, is on lates so no temptation to play.

Am I missing anything?

To be completely honest I forgot to ask the vet this morning as I was pretty gutted about leaving him. The last few months I've been suffering from depression/anxiety and Frankenstein has been there in a way humans cant. Duno if that makes sense. Leaving him is rubbish.

When I originally spoke to them the receptionist said they don't cut anything off, they just snip something. Cant even remember if this mean he'll have any stitching.

Link to CatChat