Author Topic: Little Bruno not well?  (Read 4297 times)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
Re: Little Bruno not well?
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2014, 08:48:27 AM »
Well he's done a poo which was almost solid and I think he prefers the new litter we got him. He has tinkled on the bottom of our curtains in the bedroom this morning so they r now in the wash. He and Bebe have spent a good amount of time chasing each other this morning :) he slept almost all night but I think the vet trip tired him out a bit.......

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2014, 06:56:23 AM »

How is Bruno this morning?  Sending lots of gentle snoozles for him from me and the boys, and of course saying "Hi" to Bebe.   :) :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2014, 21:53:11 PM »
I hope he improves and gets well quickly  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2014, 19:16:11 PM »
Well all is okay. We managed to take a wee sample. The vet said that seems fine. But we have some antibiotics just in case of infection and we've bought him his own litter tray with the catsan litter in it and he seems to like it so fingers crossed. The vet also have us some sensitive food to tide him over until his food arrives (whichll hopefully be tomorrow). So Hes eaten half a pouch of that already along with his quarter tablet and now he's fast asleep. Fingers crossed that all helps him out and he starts feeling a bit brighter. :)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2014, 11:50:36 AM »
Looking into it I wonder if he has an Lower Urinary Tract infection. Would explain a few things..... Poor fella

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2014, 11:31:36 AM »
Vets visit sounds like an infection

Yeah that's what I'm thinking....would explain his behaviour...poor mite. I've tried phoning to arrange an earlier appointment but they are fully booked so have to wait until 5:20 :(

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2014, 11:25:35 AM »
Vets visit sounds like an infection
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 10:33:25 AM »
HELP!!! he just weed on the bottom of our curtains!! He knows where the litter box is...he does take himself there ....but why is he doing it around the house???

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 09:58:49 AM »
Well the people we got him from said they had used the worming cream on him at the correct times. They even told us the name of the product used but I guess that doesn't always mean they are telling the truth...sadly, however they were lovely people so have no reason to suspect them of lying. However now he's 8 weeks old guess we can get him on the spot on worming treatment. We've taken the lovely step of looking at his poop and there isn't any noticeable worms ....but we will get this checked out too.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 09:54:49 AM »
I would mention it to the vet when you have your visit today.   :hug:

Glad to hear Bebe is eating and drinking normally again, and that notwithstanding Bruno's current upsets, they're still playing well together.

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 09:51:22 AM »
has he been wormed? lots of kittens have worms and that could have upset his tummy? :(

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 09:20:08 AM »
...although Ive just realised he's peed in the bed :-0 sometimes it seems he doesn't even know he needs the toilet.....is there any reason for this??

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 09:17:19 AM »
Little Bruno is doing well. He seems well in himself but the poop still isn't great and on occasions he meows for no reason but it almost comes across like he is in pain. So think I'll try and move the vet appointment forward to a bit earlier.
Luckily no eyelash attacks since yesterday but he has been a little naughty and growled at my otherhalf for touching him while eating. He seems to be quite protective over his food which isn't great and plus he won't leave Bebe in peace to eat her own food.

As for Bebe she is doing much better. She's eating drinking and playing again. It's funny cos she plays with Bruno and bops him on the head, not hard, and then Bruno runs away :). But all in all they are getting along great. :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 07:09:29 AM »

Morning NikNakNoo - how's the eyelash batting and licking going today?  Hoping Bruno's appointment goes well, and also sending a gentle ear rub for Bebe.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 20:15:14 PM »
Popping by to see how Bruno`s doing?  Hope he's much brighter now.     :)

Hiya, yeah he seems ok. We have kept the app for tomorrow and Ive ordered some RC sensitive wet food to help his belly. So will check with the vet tomorrow, get his flea treatment done etc as he's now 8 weeks. Fingers crossed Hes all ok :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 20:10:12 PM »
Popping by to see how Bruno`s doing?  Hope he's much brighter now.     :)

Offline MrsPurrfect

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: George, Milly and Ollie
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 19:58:25 PM »
How is the little man now?  Hope he's still running looking as if he is improving.  How's Bebe too?  I know you were a little bit worried.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 09:11:12 AM »
Well he's decided this morning that licking and biting my eyelashes seems a good game :)

Offline cathycat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Alfie
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 09:03:04 AM »
Glad hes feeling much better.Fingers crossed his poops will be better :)
Bridge cats Ellie,Harvey,Eddie,Charlie,
Miss you all so much. xx

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 08:30:40 AM »
Well this morning the cheeky kitten has returned. He seems much better this morning although I'm yet to see him poop.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 08:05:32 AM »
Plus 1 more more the emergency appt - hopefully there will be nothing to worry about, but as has been said, kittens can get dehydrated quite quickly from tummy upsets.  It may just be down to a change of diet.  keeping everything crossed that our ilttle Bruno baby will be fit and well again in no time, and giving Bebe lots to think about.  Let us know how you get on.    :hug: :hug:

Offline cathycat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Alfie
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 01:07:53 AM »
I agree about taking the earlier apt.Hope his tummy settles very soon :hug:
Bridge cats Ellie,Harvey,Eddie,Charlie,
Miss you all so much. xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 23:57:50 PM »
Agree with Liz cos its more important that he gets well or you could lose him.............loafds os good wishes  :hug: :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 22:51:49 PM »
Vets visit then worry about reintroductions
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline MrsPurrfect

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: George, Milly and Ollie
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 21:40:46 PM »
Yeah that's what I was thinking. If we take Bruno to the vets will it set back his and bebes relationship?

I can't see any reason why a visit to the vet's would.  I would definitely go for the emergency appointment just to be on the safe side.  Let's face it you will only worry yourself stupid if you wait - it's what cat slaves do :)

The sooner little Bruno is sorted out the sooner he will be back to his normal playful self.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 21:02:17 PM »
Yeah that's what I was thinking. If we take Bruno to the vets will it set back his and bebes relationship?

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 20:58:02 PM »
I think I would go for the emergency appt.   Not because it's necessarily anything to worry about but kittens can become dehydrated very quickly so probably best to get him seen sooner rather than later.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
Little Bruno not well?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 20:52:31 PM »
Hi all

Hoping to get a bit of advice or reassurance.

Long story short, we got Bruno on Saturday, he was just over 7 weeks old. Seemed very healthy etc. Took coming into a new environment very easily. He and Bebe had a few moments but overall they've been good. Saturday his poo was a bit runny and smelly. Figured stress. Then Sunday night he did a massive explosive poo in his sleep, went everywhere. Monday through to today it's still very runny and Gray/Sandy colour. At times it's almost purely liquid. I've fed him on rice and chicken the last two days. He doesn't seem to be eating as much but is drinking plenty. This evening he seems lethargic and sleepy. Floppy as well. Tho he has moments of playing and running round being a kitten. I phoned the vet earlier and have booked an appointment for Friday evening but was told can book him in tomorrow for an emergency appointment. He's meowing a lot too, he's not been for a poo this afternoon at all.

Question, should I be worried and should I take him tomorrow for an emergency appointment?

Thanks
Nik

Link to CatChat