Author Topic: Renal foods in jelly?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Renal foods in jelly?
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 07:06:57 AM »
Not specifically a renal food but I've discovered that the RC Ageing 12+ comes in jelly as well as gravy (I have only seen the gravy in shops) and it has a phosphorus level of close to 0.5% so I am going to order some of that next time from zooplus.  I just want him to have variety of textures instead of having gravy all the time.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 17:51:45 PM »
The Eukanuba renal is a stiff pate and isn't going down too well  :( (shame as it's cheaper than some of the others).  I've not looked at the Purina Optirenal though.   I just want something a bit different for him as I think he is getting bored with gravy and has never liked pate much.  He's always really been a jelly fan but nothing renal seems to come in jelly.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 10:23:26 AM »
Royal Canin Instinctive in Jelly is good also Purina do an Optirenal food and in wet as well as dry

Eukanuba may be worth a shot as well
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Renal foods in jelly?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 09:26:10 AM »
sorry bit of a specific question hence it's own special thread  ;)  I don't know whether anyone will know or be able to recall - not sure there is anyone else with a crf kitty on here at the moment?

All the renal foods I have bought for Jaffa so far have been chunks in gravy (RC, Hills pouches) or coarse pate style (Eukanuba, Beaphor).  It's got me wondering - are there any renal foods in jelly?  I think Jaffa prefers jelly to gravy, and in any event he will get bored with everything being the same texture.  He's never been keen on pate foods.  I've not tried Purina or Specific, both of which are sold by vetuk, so don't know what they are like but I also dont' know the phosphorus level in those 2 as they are not listed in the very useful canned food data on Tanya's crf site.

Is there anything in jelly? 

Link to CatChat