Author Topic: Unusual toilettig accident  (Read 1335 times)

Offline thenewyorker

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Yul
Unusual toilettig accident
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 21:20:29 PM »
I have three. And he's the only cat. I have to admit I'm not as on top of it now that they're covered as I was before. Maybe it's that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: Unusual toilettig accident
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 20:39:24 PM »
I often find with my cats that they can't wait for me to finish cleaning the boxes before they jump in and want to use them. They seem to really like to use them when  nice and clean. A friend of mine said hers is the same. Only natural I suppose. I imagine it was just because he was so keen to use it. If he does it again it might be worth getting another litter tray also definitely worth keeping the tray as clean as possible.

Offline thenewyorker

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Yul
Unusual toilettig accident
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 09:52:23 AM »
So, today, Yul (six months old neutered male) had a very atypical "mishap" for him. He's been perfectly clean from the moment he came into the house, through my changing the litter I used, the type of litter box, and having a terrier move in that's very interested in his toilet.
Today, as I was cleaning the box, Yul peed right in front of me on the rubber mat that's under the box. He does tend to "remember" he needs the toilet every time while I'm cleaning it, but he never "missed". I'm just hoping this isn't the start of a bad habit because he's been so perfect so far.
Any advice? Should I just keep him out of the room when I'm cleaning the box?

Link to CatChat