Author Topic: Stronghold flea treatment  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Stronghold flea treatment
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 17:39:18 PM »
Many wormers do not do all worms and the main worm tape worm is not done with stronghold.

I have used this for well over 10yrs as its so good for cats who are allergic to flea bites as the fleas die just coming in contact with the cats fur. Also the earmite side is great

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 16:16:45 PM »
My vet recently gave us this too. But she forgot to mention it was also a wormer. It was lucky i read the packaging before applying. Some felines have been reported to have died from using this product but i think its the lack of information being communicatied that its a wormer also. Therefore owners are worming twice. I must say it smells really strong for a flea treatment, could smell the cat before you see him. Xx

Offline cathycat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Alfie
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 12:06:55 PM »
Thanks Gill.Ive always used Frontline in the past which has lots of liquid and I was just really surprised at the tiny amount with Stronghold.I much prefer it and the cats hardly noticed the application.
Bridge cats Ellie,Harvey,Eddie,Charlie,
Miss you all so much. xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 01:14:28 AM »
I have used this for years.............are you sure you were given the right one for the weight of your cat?

It isnt a lot to disperse but certainly you notice it in the fur.

Offline cathycat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Alfie
Stronghold flea treatment
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 23:25:55 PM »
Hi all.Ihope im posting this in the right place.

The vet gave me Stonghold flea treatment for my cat.I applied it as instructed and could smell the product as I applied it but it seemed to be a really tiny,barely noticeable amount.Has anyone else used this product and did they notice the same?This seems such a silly question but I need to make sure ive used it successfully.Im used to other treatments where theres a lot of liquid to disperse but this seemed such a minute amount. :-:
Bridge cats Ellie,Harvey,Eddie,Charlie,
Miss you all so much. xx

Link to CatChat