Author Topic: Pooing in Food Dish  (Read 1505 times)

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
Re: Pooing in Food Dish
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 12:36:45 PM »
I'd be surprised if it was the cat, they are not naturally dirty creatures. Hedgehogs will poo in food dishes the mucky little things & they never cover their poo. You'd be surprised how big some their turds can be, I have one who poos like a small dog!

Poo is fascinating stuff, I always check out whatever is left in the garden overnight, is amazing what foxes & hogglies eat.

X
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:38:55 PM by jo.austin2010 »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 21:50:55 PM »
That's what I suspected Sheila but I am in early days of fox poo knowledge  ;) but getting there quickly due to very frequent fox pooing on me new lawns  :shify:

Dark, 'orrible smell and can be rather runny on occasion  :sick: :sick: :sick:  Never covered over  >:( ;)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 20:43:04 PM »
Fox poo smells quite unique, certainly very different to cat poo. If it has a very sour stench, then it's Flinty. The foxes that eat our leftovers almost always poo in the dish, so I'd suspect fox, not cat.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 13:41:44 PM »
Thanks for that.  It probably is Flinty doing his/her thing.  I will have to set up a camera of some sort to see if I can catch the culprit in the act. 

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 11:09:11 AM »

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
Pooing in Food Dish
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 08:36:12 AM »
I feed a feral cat (Tensing) and fox (Flinty) and they come over night.  I have begun to find poo in the empty food dish in the morning.  I presume this is a form of territory marking but why would one of them do it otherwise?

Yesterday I put out a double food dish, one side with dry and the other meat.  Said feral decided to poo in the empty meat side not touching the other side.  The logistics of doing this poo would have been hard as the dishes are relatively close to the recycling bins, so he/she would have had to back up to the dish and then sqwat. :rofl:

From a cat point of view what is Tensing saying - I don't approve of the meat and want Dreamies more often or something else?

Link to CatChat