Author Topic: Sick  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Sick
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 14:33:44 PM »

Being a kitten, he'll have a lot of excess energy to wear out.  Was he making the odd noises before he began being sick?  If so, then it's probably just play and excitement, but if the noises and squeaks have only begun since he showed signs of sickness, it may be a sign of something stuck and causing pain or discomfort, either in his throat, stomach or bowel.

Try to watch when he begins to dash about, and see if it seems like normal play, or whether he's trying to "escape" something.  Often, if it's the latter, you might catch him, biting at a limb, or his tummy, or shaking their head or nudging at their bottom.  It's not unknown for young cats and dogs to ingest things they shouldn't - needles and threads for example, bits of wool or string or plastic, those kinds of things.   If the squeaks appear to indicate agitation, then I would definitely get him checked over.

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 14:09:43 PM »
He's a spikey scruff ball :D

My Oh told me he demolished a whole brew last night when he was cooking tea (i was in bed as I'm not sleeping so good atm) so I'm wondering if that's it.

Called the vet and he said to give him little bits of food when he wants it. Luckily I'm off work so I can keep a proper eye on him.

He's bombing  around like a nutter. Sometimes he makes a weird noise like he's scared or upset :/

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 12:37:34 PM »

He's short-ish haired Gill.  Bit spiky.   :Luv:

It would do no harm to give the vet a call and just have a chat through.  They will probably suggest taking him in for a once-over, which may help to allay any worries.  It could just be that he has a hairball or has eaten something that has disagreed with him, but best to rule out anything else, just in case.   :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 12:32:30 PM »
Speak to the vet.

If he is ruswhing around suspect he is OK ...........is he long or shorthair?

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
Sick
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 09:27:57 AM »
Hi guys am a bit worried about frankenstein.
He's been sick a few times and is off his food. Woke up Friday and there was a bit of sick and then more this morning. In himself he seems fine, right now he has found my hair clip and attacking it...
Sometimes tho, he runs around like he's possessed and I dunno how to calm him. Am wondering  if he is actually poorly or if maybe he's ate something  that doesn't agree with him?
He's prone to stealing food when we're not looking so maybe that?

I know a bit of sick here and there isn't harmful but am worried about his eating too

Link to CatChat