Author Topic: Worried about Maddie  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Worried about Maddie
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 21:35:58 PM »
Gill and Lau  :hug:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 18:22:21 PM »
Gosh Gill i didnt realize that was how it happened  :'( im hoping that she improves as she is young and strong. Fingers crossed

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 18:07:17 PM »
Male or female didnt matter in Napoleons case i think, he only had one kidney and these stones were close to the dead one which was just a ball but two entered his bladderr and he was getting blocked. prior to this at previous vets advice was taken from bristol after an xray showed the stones, it was not known how long he had had them or how long he had only one working kidney, they advised to leave them..............if only we hadnt listened!

when the current vets put him on a catheter he was fine cos it moved them back but as soon as catheter was removed he reblocked and a scan/xray showed what was happening.

his bladder had to be opened to remove them and i saw them after one was very small but the other bigger.

i had rushed him to the vet after he showed me he couldnt use the tray and gareth said it was only just in time, sadly he never recovered properly and although i brought him home overnight a couple of times he just refused to eat and after a month of treatment his kidney went  and i lost my beautiful boy  :'( :'( :'(

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 14:09:57 PM »
Not what type of stones but they did say luckily because she is a girl they should pass through and that if she was male they would have had to take them out during surgery. Its weird that she is having issues with her water works as my 14 month old son has just had an operation on his kidneys so double the stress in our house at the minute! Shes been put on royal canine urinary food i think its called

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 12:42:23 PM »
Did they say what sort of stones?

Napoleon had some ande they were not dissolvable ones and in the end they got into his bladder and blocked him and he neeeded them removing  :(

Sending loads of good wishes  :hug: :hug:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 09:46:12 AM »
She has been diagnosed with stones now as well as the cystitis and her bloods came back much better than expected, so doesnt look like tumours. She is now on different food, and we need to get more liquids into her and then we will see how she is in a week  ;D they were abit worried initially because she bled so much when they took a blood sample and she was very calm throughout! So fingers crossed this improves

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 16:41:37 PM »
fingers crossed for Maddie - hope it turns out to be treatable Lau

are you able to separate the two cats a bit just while Maddie gets settled? it sounds like there have been a lot of changes. with one of my cats dying the house went into cat chaos for about a month!
 :hug:
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 20:37:15 PM »
Maybe the pain is causing aggression to the other cat?

Have the cats been done? If not, I highly suggest this. With all the hormones gone you will see a must calmer house.
Hi all my cats are & have always been neutered when in my care. Maddie is under going tests for illness

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 20:32:31 PM »
Leonie the other cat lived here for a few weeks before travelling north. she is neutered as is maddie but leonie really doesnt like other cats much but she is sooooooooooo gorgeous  ;D

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 20:04:21 PM »
Maybe the pain is causing aggression to the other cat?

Have the cats been done? If not, I highly suggest this. With all the hormones gone you will see a must calmer house.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 14:53:47 PM »
 Poor Maddie :( Sending her some positive vibes and  :hug: :hug: for you.

Finger crossed for the test results.

Offline cathycat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Alfie
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 19:49:13 PM »
Poor Maddie and what a worry for you :(Hope whatever the tests reveal is easily treatable. :hug:
Bridge cats Ellie,Harvey,Eddie,Charlie,
Miss you all so much. xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 18:31:24 PM »
Sending loads of good wishes for Maddie  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 14:11:31 PM »
Its a sign that the kidneys or liver are not working properly, its the same in humans! The vet is worried about tumours or even kidney failure could cause this but a blood test should be more exact. The sample of urine has been sent off to see anything grows in it as well

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 13:29:42 PM »
Oh poor thing, it does sound as if there's something wrong. :care:

What is the significance of high protein levels, Lau?  :hug: :hug:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
Worried about Maddie
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 13:00:54 PM »
I posted about Maddie and Leonie not getting along a little while ago. Big chances in our house took our cat numbers from 8 to 2 in a short space of time & then a new human addition to the family meant that the two girls had to spend more time together than previously. Maddie was constantly attacking Leonie and rather than settling down, Leonie now attacks Maddie. We have tried plug ins, meds, separation & reintroduction without success. This has been ongoing for around 5 months now and Maddie sprays things around the house including my stuff and both childrens' items. Then symptoms of cystitis began to show in Maddie. Despite having 6 litter trays between the two scattered about the house, she was struggling to go the toilet. She has been given anti-inflammatories, pain relief and antibiotics but not alot has changed. Maddie comes running every time i open the box with her painkiller in so i think she is in a great deal of pain. Today i found out that a urine sample this week has "protein off the scale" according to the vet and we are now awaiting blood results. Urine sample last week showed increased protein but no where near as much as the last one. I'm really worried  :'(

Link to CatChat