Author Topic: My cat has green diarrhea  (Read 6919 times)

Offline Blue Rabbit

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Ben, Jerry, Archie and Zelda
Re: My cat has green diarrhea
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 13:16:49 PM »
Try and feed boiled plain skinless chicken breasts in the meantime, you can get a kilo bag in Iceland for £3 and that usually has about 7 breasts in it. It will settle the poorly one's tummy a little, it won't stop the runs but will help lessen it.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 11:07:39 AM »
Cats are very good at pretending to be well when they arent.

I think Souffle has given good advice. Once you establish which cat it is I would get it to the vets somehow, explain the problem and they might want a sample from you (well the cat, you know what I mean...)

I hope you get it sorted  :hug:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 21:43:15 PM »
Diarrhoea like this is never a good sign in cats especially if there is blood in it.
Firstly you need to establish which cat has it. You can usually tell by examining the back end and fur around the tail and bottom as it usually gets on there - also the paws. If that doesn't work then separate in to pairs then singles till you find the one with the runs.
Next you need to have it checked by a vet. If you are on benefits you may be able to see a vet at the RSPCA or PDSA clinics or phone around till you find a vet who will allow you to pay the bill in instalments and who offers the best prices for treatment. Explain your situation and the symptoms.
It could be anything from an infection to something they have eaten or food allergies. Try feeding plain food and make sure they are wormed too.
I hope you can sort something out and your kitty is well again soon.
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline HayleyRose

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Elsie,Eddie,Effie And Eskie
My cat has green diarrhea
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 18:51:10 PM »
Hello,

My cat had blood in its poo for about a week and then it went back to normal, but suddenly it has got green runny poo and also its urine looks a little green too. Im worried it could be something serious but due to been broke i cannot afford the vet bills and also i have 4 cats that all sleep in the same room and aren't sure which cat has the problem, they all seem in good health other than the poo and are all eating and drinking plenty.
Does anyone know what could be the cause?
Picture below.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 18:52:03 PM by HayleyRose »

Link to CatChat