Author Topic: Need some advice please?  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Need some advice please?
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 11:24:40 AM »
Not crazy at all, just a completely devoted cat slave!  :)

Glad there was an improvement last night, I very much hope it continues!

If you're crazy you're in demmed fine company here !   :rofl: :hug:

Offline Blue Rabbit

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Ben, Jerry, Archie and Zelda
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 11:16:16 AM »
Not crazy at all, just a completely devoted cat slave!  :)

Glad there was an improvement last night, I very much hope it continues!

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
  • My beautiful girl is my world :)
  • Slave to: Millie Rose
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 09:15:54 AM »
Hi sue, thanks for your lovely message,

Well update, she has sneezed in the night but 4 times, whereas the night before it was 7. I'm hoping that's a good sign! I've also tested her senses this morning! So checked her eyes by her following my finger etc, checked her ears with sounds and checked her nose by putting things in front of her. Everything was fine and normal. I knew her nose was okay as she was smelling and then licking her lips.

I even put tea in front of her. With tea she always smells it and licks her lips. She would never drink it because it's hot, so that's why I used it! Also I wouldn't let her anyway as it has human milk in!

This is how spoilt Millie is, she has her treats (whiskas temptations) and the whiskas cat milk (we call it milk and cookies!) every night before bed. When you say it to her, her ears and eyes go into 'you've got my attention' mode!  :Luv:

I'm crazy aren't i??! Xxxx
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:17:19 AM by kymberleyc »
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 07:22:27 AM »

It could have many causes Kymberley, so it's difficult to "second guess" - it could be an irritation in her nose or eye, an allergic reaction to something or it could be a cold/sniffle, or the start of something more serious like cat flu.  The best thing is to monitor it, and if it seems to be getting worse, or she does go off her food, make an appointment to go back to the vet.  Vets, however lovely, dont know our cats the way we do - we live with them and know their behaviour patterns inside out.  So if you did have to go back to the vet, dont feel embarrassed to put forward any concerns you might have, or to stress this is not normal for her and ask them to double check for your own reassurance.   :hug: :hug:  Sending lots of love for Milie and hoping she's feeling brighter already.   

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 20:40:50 PM »
Also could she have cat flu or anything? She has been vaccinated all of her life and never missed a booster. I also paid for the second booster last year and will this year too, her boosters are due 18th March xxx
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 19:11:46 PM »
Hi Gill,

Thankyou I will bear that in mind :) if she goes off her food is that a sign too? She hasn't gone off her food but  I just wondered if that would be a sign?
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 17:19:43 PM »
I think you should just keep an  ummmmm eye on it for now but if the sneezing becomes worse and the eye then maybe you need to speak to your vet.

if the sneezing becomes frequent and her eye gets worse then it could be a sign of cat flu and congestion from that can be really helped  by bisolven which you get in satchets from the vet. its a white powder that you add in pinches to the food but dont worry yet  :hug:

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 15:15:57 PM »
Hi blue,
Thanks for your reply:)

Yes it is watering where it actually makes the side of her nose a little damp. This morning has been better than last night. I've disinfected the whole bedroom today and also washed all the bedding just in case it was irritating her? Is that a good idea? Xxx
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Offline Blue Rabbit

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Ben, Jerry, Archie and Zelda
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 11:55:43 AM »
It could be she has a slight cold, if her eye is watery but not leaking just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get worse. Has she sneezed much this morning?

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
Need some advice please?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:50:32 AM »
Hiya all,

I'm just posting to see others opinions. Millie is 13 soon. She has a slight shadow on her right lung, which requires a steroid injection once a year so it doesn't become inflamed and irritates her.

The bit i need advice on though isn't that! She has now got a watery eye and has sneezed a couple of times in the night. In every other way she is fine, eating, drinking, temperament and is still active. Still purring day and night! 

When I took her to the vet a week ago for her steroid injection I told him about her eye and he looked at it and said it was fine?

What would any advise? Would you take her back? She is due for her injections soon (she's had her injections since she was born) so should I tell him then?

Also I'm not asking what to do etc I know Millie is my responsibility and it's my decision but just want to hear what others would do in this situation :)

Many thanks in advance xxxx
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Link to CatChat