Author Topic: Advice on fighting cats  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Advice on fighting cats
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 00:50:13 AM »
Leonie has always been territorial and used to try and mostly succeeded keeping Misa and Sasa out of the front room. only Franta used to just walk in and cuddle with me under her nose.

I think you must seperate even if it means putting gates on the stairs!

Getting a little friend for Maddie maybe?

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 00:04:58 AM »
Separation is not an option for us sadly, but thanks anyway

Offline Blue Rabbit

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Ben, Jerry, Archie and Zelda
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 20:50:30 PM »
Have you tried re-introducing them? It could be that the changes in your household have knocked the hierarchy out and it just needs to be re-established. Maybe start from the very beginning, separation for a week, scent swaps, etc., and then slowly start re-introducing them?

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Advice on fighting cats
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 18:06:04 PM »
Since our numbers have dropped, the remaining two cats are constantly fighting. I have tried plug ins and moved bedding/litter trays/food around but nothing seems to be working. We have 6 trays between 2 cats with various food and water bowls dotted about. These two have never got on but since losing our other cats, Maddie and Leonie are always at each other and i am finding chunks of hair from both all over the house. Leonie has taken the downstairs and Maddie has claimed the top and middle floors. The bathroom that was once communal has now one cat guarding it almost permanently. With a new baby in the house and a toddler, im concerned that the amount of 'accidents' taking place will increase. I cant leave anything baby related out just incase and now im getting to a point where i cant have this continue. This has been going on since last year and got worse with Jesse and Jonny's passing. Any ideas?

Link to CatChat