Author Topic: Indorex flea spray advice please  (Read 9879 times)

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
Re: Indorex flea spray advice please
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 17:36:40 PM »
I have used Indorex when the cats are in the house, I keep them in another room, hoover, spray, leave it awhile, then air the room.

I have switched to Advantage because one of my cats seems to have a reaction to some things. I have separate wormers. Vet Medic is way cheaper than the vets and quick delivery, you can get a signing up discount as well.

Good luck.

Nicky

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 08:23:19 AM »
I had problems with Frontline some time ago and one of mine developed a flea allergy. I switched to Advantage and it solved the problem. It's available online and is cheaper than Frontline.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 07:22:37 AM »
I have indoor cats (only 2 though!) and when I've sprayed indorex I've just done it one room at a time, given it a little longer than advised before letting them back in and they've been fine. 

I use Advantage for fleas.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 12:55:15 PM »
We have seven cats too.  Quite a handful at times eh?  :Luv2:  Ours are indoor/outdoor though.

Would you be able to lock them all in one room together whilst you spray the rest of your property?  Leave it 1/2 hour and then air well (fully open windows for at least 15 mins) before letting them out.  Then you can treat the final room and air well.  It's more difficult if some of the cats don't get on but suppose you could put one or two in carriers in the room as it's not for long.  I've never heard of any problems caused with Indorex as long as used as it says on the can.  I always use either that or Acclaim.  I spray their bedding too but wash the blankets/throws that they use.

Gill is right about the bad press that frontline has been getting of late. I used to use it too but have switched to stronghold.  Don't forget to worm them too as even Stronghold doesn't cover tapeworm.

I know it sounds a lot of chemicals but it's the only effective way of doing it and not cheap.

:welcome: to Purrs by the way.  You sound like you'll fit in just great here.  When you have a moment, feel free to introduce the puds with pics  :wow:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 02:37:45 AM »
First I think you need to change from Frontline as its becoming useless in certain areas...........advocate, stronghold are other options. My personal fav is the latter as it makes fleas sterile just by them landing on cat, no need to bite.

Yes if you use Indorex in a room without cats and then air it, follow instructions on can and dont spray hard
surfaces it should be fine. Wash bed stuff rather than spray it.

Offline thedarkrose

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Munchkin, Socks, Tabby, Bella, Vinnie, Soetie & Moe
Indorex flea spray advice please
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 19:34:46 PM »
Hi all, we have 7 very spoilt cats, some of which adopted us & some that were due to an owner dumping & not getting their cat fixed. It's a full & busy house but a very happy one.

All indoor only due to the busy road and we are having our first flea infestation! They've been treated twice with frontline but we are still seeing a good few fleas running about. We bought 2 cans of Indorex but so far have been too scared to use it.

I'm so worried about using it with them in the house. Is it safe to use if they are indoor only cats? Is it OK for them to walk on or even lick (some lick anything & everything) the surfaces after they are allowed back into the room? We have one that has a few health issues so I do tend to worry to the max. Any advice or info, hints or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Link to CatChat