Author Topic: Sick Bengal cat  (Read 8141 times)

Offline sweetwildcat77

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Xena, Lexi, Dexter and Milo
Re: Sick Bengal cat
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 20:27:44 PM »
Online shopping from asda has been a god send for the last 5 weeks. Only another 3 to go. I hate not being able to make her feel better. She is my wee princess ( hence called Xena).  Fingers crossed she picks up soon. I almost miss her getting up to no good like stealing biscuits!

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 20:20:06 PM »
oh dear that is a shame that you are not well too. That sounds like progress though in that she ate a little bit :)
Sounds like an online order food delivery from Sainsbury or Asda might be the thing for you ;) Save you going out for your own bits too!
I'd offer her a spoonful every few hours and see how she goes.
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline sweetwildcat77

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 19:54:57 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I had a rake around the house ( stuck at home in plaster and crutches) and found a tin of tuna in spring water. And a syringe. Scooted some watered down milk in her mouth and she ate 2 teaspoons of tuna then had a drink on her own soma little progress. These things always seem to happen when I'm incapacitated and partner is away working.

Looked through the advice posts and wish I hadn't. Worried now about FIP!

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 19:49:45 PM »
Sorry to hear she is poorly. It can be tricky getting them eating again. I'd try some 'human' food like chicken or fish cooked up soft or a tempting pate type cat food or some Applaws. Sometimes warming it might help. Anything she will eat I'd give to get her going again.
If she seems to go downhill don't be afraid to call the vets. She does need to drink and eat a bit to get better.
Not much help sorry but hopefully once the meds kick in she will feel better.
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline sweetwildcat77

• Kitten
Sick Bengal cat
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 18:34:14 PM »
Hey

Hope someone can either put my mind at rest or give me some advice.  My little girl has not been herself for 36 hours now.  Initially it started yesterday breakfast time, where she wasn't keen to eat, but had a little and promptly threw it up again. Followed by a bit more retching with just fluid.

She then spent the rest of the day on the sofa, which is fairly normal but come dinner time, she didn't get off the sofa and wasn't interested in food. I realised she hadn't moved so showed her her litter tray, which she went in and had a pee, then back to sofa.  I managed to get a little cat milk into her last night.

This morning she was just the same, no interest in food ( tried dry and tinned) and just sleeping. When she does walk she seems to be careful not her usual stride.  I phoned the vet and they agreed to see here then.  Other than a high temperature the vet didn't find anything. I questioned constipation, but he didn't seem to think that was an issue. He has given her 2 injections, one an antibiotic the other to reduce the fever.

Since she has been home she brightened up a little and I seen her at the water bowl briefly ( not sure if she drank) and she went out in the cat run ( indoor cat but with enclosed run) and tried to eat some grass through the mesh. She is back to sleeping again and not touched food or water in a while. The vet wants to see her again on Friday.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get her to eat and drink? :scared: my other 3 cats are all fine.

Link to CatChat