Author Topic: Claws not sheathed? OUCH!!!  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: Claws not sheathed? OUCH!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 16:34:53 PM »
You are still going through the process of being trained by your cat. As soon as you learn to get up and do what we want, we no longer need to punish you . It's for your own good, resistance is futile. I'm trying to train my slave at the moment and it's hard work. First I tap gently, then harder, then I put my claws out. She's a difficult one, I've even had to bite her when she's not been concentrating.

Buffy       

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 21:26:12 PM »
No advice, only sympathy as Geoffrey is a face patterer too.  When he wants his breakfast he pats me across the face with his claws out until I wake up, and if I roll over, he digs at my hair with his claws  :rofl:

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 12:15:54 PM »
My Jake always did this too. Not to my face but to my arms when he wanted attention. It would start out as a gentle pat then the odd gentle puncture wound would be added if I didn't react quickly enough.
 :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 21:44:08 PM »
This reminds me so much of my late Napoleon who used to lie on my typing arm and lick my face which then turned into a bite.........ouchhhhhhhhhhhh!

Offline onyx

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Fonzie and Chloe, plus Amber and Izzie the doggies
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 17:43:18 PM »
fonzie starts off all nice and gentle on my face, and then as i dont react his claws start coming out... gentle of course, but you can certainly feel that they are starting to appear!!!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 17:16:19 PM »
Oh yes I so agree  :rofl:

Offline Mitramonday

• Adult Cat
  • Percy
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 17:14:58 PM »
No point getting angry at him, he wont understand but suspect as cats are clever he knows this will have the desired effect...............attention  :innocent:

No,  :agreed:   Gill, I do try to curb my irritation - honest! Just it tends to get me a bit grumpy when I'm not ready for  :good morning 2:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 17:03:22 PM »
No point getting angry at him, he wont understand but suspect as cats are clever he knows this will have the desired effect...............attention  :innocent:

Offline Mitramonday

• Adult Cat
  • Percy
Claws not sheathed? OUCH!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:07:53 AM »
Hi all - this is a general question - i.e. it's not a new issue, but one that I would like to know more about.  Percy is (now) an extremely affectionate puss - although it took him a good two years to reach this point, after coming to me around 18 months old having been born in the rescue centre to a feral mum.  Unfortunately, because he is a black & white DSH, he had never been 'chosen' for adoption, so my flat was his first ever home :(  He spent the first two weeks on top of my fridge/freezer!  However, as I said, he is now THE most affectionate cat ever ( :briggin:of course!!).  One thing I have noticed, though, is that - on top of the usual milk-padding - when I am in bed, trying to get a lie-in, and he is wanting my attention, he will pat my face.....but his claws will be out  :oops:  I am 100% convinced that he is not meaning to hurt me - the 'pats' themselves are very gentle - and I think he is well able to sheath his claws (when he is on my lap, I am able to stroke/handle his paws and the claws will be sheathed)? He tends to do the same when I go to pick up his food bowl ready for re-filling! I don't like getting cross with him, because I think he is innocent of any malice ( :innocent:) but I know other cats who pat their mum's/dad's faces without claws.  Any thoughts, anyone?

Link to CatChat