Author Topic: Is diarrhea/soft stools a common problem with Bengal cats?  (Read 5457 times)

Offline CrazyoldcatladY

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Edward, Marbles, Jocie, Charlie, Christie and Algebra so far......watch this space
Re: Is diarrhea/soft stools a common problem with Bengal cats?
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 21:56:37 PM »
Hi again. Tried panacur worming also had Louie's stool samples tested with nothing abnormal found. At the mo he's on freshly cooked chicken. He seems 2hav bouts of it 1wk fine next wk not. Hav tried every high fibre food 4cats going. Dried food or wet with no real sucess. His younger sister from a diff litter but same parents is fine she eats me out of house n home lol and none of my other cats r affected. Its only poor Louie who seems 2spend half his time in the litter tray bless him. I do give him entrodex which helps with his gut flora & electrolytes. Hav also tried him on home made yoghurt made with goats milk and even pumpkin flesh lol
After a while u just want something 2work.  Thanx 4ur reply will keep u updated.  How many princes & princesses r u a slave 2? :)

Have you tried James Wellbeloved? Its a great food! has sorted out my cat Edwards tummy. He's only half Bengal, but his tummy was so bad when I got him. It wasn't so much stools as liquid. James Wellbeloved is the only thing that worked to settle his tummy.
I have been referred to as being a crazy old cat lady. Instead of being insulted, I have decided to embrace it!!!

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 22:12:12 PM »
A grain Free diet helped my Bengals when they had "Bengly Bum" and in answer to your question: Yes Bengals have very sensitive tummies
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 00:46:16 AM »
What does the vet suggest?

Probiotic yogurt may help and there used to be probiotic powder that could be put in food and was tasteless but seems to have disappeared from Vet UK

I know nothing about Bengals but know Lupi who is my birman suffered with this and we tried special food, and all sorts but was probiotic capsules that I had to open up ad put half a day i his food.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 23:47:27 PM »
I am Mum to the Clan Cats and their pets the Clan dogs - my 3 Border Collies Sky, Sunny and Mistral, I have the largest cat family on Purrs if you search Clan cats you will see them

I also foster for Bengal Rescue Scotland and have several permanent Fosters from several CP branches my family is made up of Pedigree 2 Ragdolls, 1 NFC, 1 Bengal lots of domestics and my wonderful ferals
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline JustJax

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Louie, Tatty-cat, Luna-tic,Alsa & Izzy-Whizz
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 22:59:22 PM »
I have tried tinned pumpkin but Louie's not keen & altho I hav tried 2mix it in with other food its not been as successful as u'd of hoped 4. Certain foods make Louie worse mostly tinned or sachet foods but some dried foods as well so I have 2b careful not only about what food I give him but changing over his foods sometimes does more harm than good. Still the main thing is Louie is a totally happy playful cat cat & as long as he stays that way mayb I'll just have 2accept he has a sensitive stomach it just bugs the hell out of me that I can't find a solution 2his stomach upsets. :)
:) :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 21:21:47 PM »
I think some people on this forum have had great success with tinned pumpkin for tummy troubles.

Offline JustJax

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 20:15:39 PM »
Hi again. Tried panacur worming also had Louie's stool samples tested with nothing abnormal found. At the mo he's on freshly cooked chicken. He seems 2hav bouts of it 1wk fine next wk not. Hav tried every high fibre food 4cats going. Dried food or wet with no real sucess. His younger sister from a diff litter but same parents is fine she eats me out of house n home lol and none of my other cats r affected. Its only poor Louie who seems 2spend half his time in the litter tray bless him. I do give him entrodex which helps with his gut flora & electrolytes. Hav also tried him on home made yoghurt made with goats milk and even pumpkin flesh lol
After a while u just want something 2work.  Thanx 4ur reply will keep u updated.  How many princes & princesses r u a slave 2? :)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 19:38:19 PM »
Have you tried Panacur for worming - I have just done my foster Bengal and her 2 kittens and there is also something caked TF which needs a sample sent of and then treatment

What are you feeding as Bengals can have sensitive tummies although my own Bengal is fine
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline JustJax

• Kitten
Is diarrhea/soft stools a common problem with Bengal cats?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 17:25:06 PM »
Hi all. Can someone give me any info on whether Bengal cats r prone 2diarrhea/soft stools? (& how best2 treat & cope with it) My Bengal Louie is prone 2both. His breeder/owner b4 me assured me it was. Hav been 2the vets all normal.hav tried many diff foods ova the months but nothing really seems 2make any diff. Will read all replies with interest. Thanx Jax

Link to CatChat