Author Topic: Advice please neighbours are using mice poison  (Read 1245 times)

Offline ToffeeandCookie

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Toffee and Cookie
Advice please neighbours are using mice poison
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 15:30:52 PM »
Hi all,

I have two young cats (both around a year old now) Toffee and Cookie. They are not at the stage of bringing us home anything yet - just the occasional twig(!) but I have just found out that our neighbours have mice and are using poison to get rid of them. I have suggested they use traps but it's a no go. Poison has not gone down yet but will at some point this week from what I understand.

We live in a semi detached house in London and this is the neighbours who are NOT attached to us. Our two cats do use their garden as part of their turf as it were and have shown a lot of interest in being outside lately -now I know why!

Like I say they haven't caught anything yet, but I am a bit worried about them at catching and eating a poisoned mouse.

The vet has suggested keeping them in. So that is what I have done. They are outdoor cats though and clearly miss being allowed outside. Plus they do tend to have the occasional fight when we keep them inside (with hissing)

I'm just wondering if I am being paranoid as
A) other neighbours could have had poison down at any point and I wouldn't have known
B) they haven't actually caught anything yet

Also should I let my other neighbours who have cats know? Or would it just cause them to worry too?

Thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thank you
Slightly worried cat mum

Link to CatChat