Author Topic: bullying - please help!  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: bullying - please help!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 16:24:22 PM »
You need to start intros all over again and do not mix until they are happy first in their own space and secong after transferring into each others empty space.

You need to pay particular attention to Ollie cos these little intruders are making her own house a nightmare for her.

Introductions done properly can take months not weeks and PATIENCE is the essence.

Offline crh17

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Tori and Pabby
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 10:58:41 AM »
I don't know if this will help but I had problems when I Tori she was 4months old and howled when left alone I decided to try and introduce a kitten for her to play with and have at home while I was out. I adopted Spartacus when she was 7months old and she hated him after 6 days of hissing, spitting and not being able to have them in the same room I was almost ready to give up however Tori became ill, Spartacus woke me in the night as Tori was very sleepy, not moving and breathing rapidly, she was take to the vets and kept in for a few nights when I brought her back both cats couldn't see each other quick enough and were inseparable, it seemed the space worked and a few days apart gave them time to get used to the idea of having a playmate. Sadly Spartacus died 4 years ago Tori now has got used to Pabby who moved in after neighbours couldn't cope with him and she bosses him around but he still adores her and the introduction was a lot easier with them. maybe if someone could have Ollie for 2-3 days then try re-introducing them.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 16:59:46 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

This link may help ... http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4799.0.html

Also may a pet remedy plug-in or 2 may help  http://www.petremedy.co.uk/
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gilwell

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Ollie, Samson and Charlie
bullying - please help!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 16:28:24 PM »
Ok, so I really need help. This is gonna be a long post...I have 3 cats. My first cat, Ollie, was rescued starving and cold from a building site when she was about 5 months old and she is now 2 1/2 years old. She is really territorial and has a hard time with other cats, probably as a result of being homeless. I wish i had known this at the time.About 8 months after I rescued Ollie, I adopted two kittens, both boys, Charlie and Samson. They are both very playful and boisterous and are very friendly to humans.

For the first two weeks I kept them separated and then began introducing them (them in a carrier, her tiptoeing and hissing). I started feeding them together but there was still hissing and batting from Ollie.These days the fighting is terrible, the kittens bully her every day. They guard the doorways, stare her down, stalk her and chase her out of her favourite places. She hisses and growls at them to go away, but they don't listen, and sometimes they pounce on her so she screams. I often have to get up in the middle of the night to separate them.

Ollie has gotten very jumpy and she only approaches me for attention when they are out of the room. I thought the fighting would have got better over time but it doesn't ever seem to.I feel like I've tried everything and nothing works. I feed them together, I have made sure there are several litterboxes and food and water bowls in different rooms. There is a cat tree with hiding places, different shelves and cupboards to climb on and they all go out in the garden during the days and can come and go as they choose. There are plenty of sleeping areas. I even tried banning the boys from the bed so Ollie could have it to herself, which seems to help a little bit, but not much. I tell them 'no' when they stalk her but as soon as I turn my head they attack her.

Please help me, I'm really at a loss as to what to do. Rehoming is not an option for me. Surely something must work!
Thanks for reading.

Link to CatChat