Author Topic: Geoffrey is very poorly this morning  (Read 12478 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Geoffrey is very poorly this morning
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 06:52:55 AM »

Am so sorry to hear this.  Poor little feller.   Am sending lots of love his way, and hoping you can get to the bottom of what's going on with him.   :( :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 21:16:08 PM »
*sighs* he has now gone back downhill again  :'( he's still relatively ok in himself, but he really hasn't eaten much today and has done a big diarrhoea splat in the litter tray.  OH has been at home today and said that he threw up a couple of times earlier (and one time his collar pinged off when he did it), so it seems as if either the infection hasn't gone or it's something else going on.  I'm in London on a conference tomorrow so I'm going to have to see if I can get a late appointment that I can get back in time for.  My poor little man, I wonder what's up with him  :'(
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 21:16:48 PM by fluffybunny »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »
So pleased Geoffrey is feeling more himself  ;D ;D

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 22:19:16 PM »
Thanks all.  Geoffrey seems to be much more back to his normal self now.  Antibiotics are still being chucked down his throat so hopefully he will stay well once they've finished.  We did discover a half chewed wild rabbit in the garden which a fox had obviously had, so we wonder if Geoffrey had tried to have a chew as well  :sick:

Still having odd forum display issues but only on my iPad! Very curious. 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 07:06:37 AM »
Topping up the hugs for Geoffrey this morning, and hoping he's back to his normal self, bless his paws.   :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 21:15:53 PM »
I am so glad to hear that Geoffrey is more like his usual self today  ;D

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 07:56:36 AM »
Fingers crossed that Geoffrey continues to improve.  :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 07:50:23 AM »
Am so pleased Geoffrey has perked up, and hope he continues to feel much much better.   ;D :Luv:

Not had any problem with the forum, so hoping yours has settled down now.   :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 07:29:42 AM »
Thanks all - Geoffrey is much better this morning.  I woke up at 5am to find him sitting on me, and he has eaten some breakfast and had a drink.  He's still not totally himself but certainly better, so I feel happier knowing he had had some food and water, and I even managed to get both tablets down him  :Crazy:

Incidentally, is the forum playing up for anyone else? I have lots of barcodes floating about in the background and no 'reply' button...I had to quote and then delete the quote, as I couldn't find any other way to answer the thread!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 07:19:48 AM »

Sending lots of good vibes for Geoffrey and hoping that he's much better soon.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Geoffrey is very poorly this morning
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 23:27:50 PM »
:get well: Geoffrey :care:

Hope he perks up soon :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 23:08:34 PM »
Sending lots of positive vibes for Geoffrey and :hug: :hug: for you.   

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 19:51:46 PM »
Geoffrey and Fluffybunny  :hug: I do hope that the little chap is soon back to normal.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 19:41:21 PM »
Initially he perked right up and was fine up until about lunchtime today, but since then he has slowly been going downhill again  :(. He doesn't want any food and is just sitting around licking his lips (is that a sign of nausea?) and looking generally flat eared.  I am wondering if the injected meds he had yesterday perked him up but when they wore off he has started to dip again.

If he is still poorly and refusing food in the morning I think I will have to take him to the vets in my way to work and leave him there.  She did say yesterday that he might need to be put in a drip if he couldn't keep any food/drink down.  I don't think he had vomited today but he certainly hasn't eaten since late morning and is very definitely not himself. 

Fingers crossed whatever it is will pass swiftly, I hate seeing him so poorly and it scares me when they get like it too  :(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 17:48:57 PM »
How is Geoffrey?

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 16:21:36 PM »
Do hope he recovers quick  :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 13:26:55 PM »
Thanks Rosella.  Geoffrey had a temperature of 40 and a very sore tummy so she thinks he has picked up some kind of infection.  He has had antibiotic, anti emetic and anti inflammatory all by injection and is already a little perkier.  He has had a spot of sensitive food for lunch which has stayed down so far. 

I remember now that yesterday I was tinkering with their collars putting their new loc8tors on them, so I think I must have not done the clip back up properly and when the poor lad was having a proper retch, it pinged off.  Fingers crossed my little man gets back to his normal perky self very soon.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 09:22:06 AM »
Oh poor lamb  :care: :care: :care: and how upsetting for you FB  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Very much hope the vet is able to help Geoffrey and calm your nerves.  I would be anxious too in your shoes not knowing what on earth happened.  Don't forget to check collar out thoroughly.  Assuming "break away", check that it does what it should in that respect and check for any marks around Geoffrey's neck. Probably nothing to do with collar at all (as I can't see how the collar could cause runny poo) but it would upset me seeing it next to where he has been sick.

Sending every best wish  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
Geoffrey is very poorly this morning
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 08:08:08 AM »
Just getting ready to get him to the vet as soon as they open.  No idea what he might have eaten or what else might have happened, but he came into the bedroom yowling in the middle of the night and then leaked a trail of diarrhoea across the room.  He's been asleep under the bed ever since.  Having gone downstairs this morning I've also discovered a large pile of vomit with his collar in the middle of it?? How on earth (and why) did he feel the need to pull his collar off, or why did it fall off jus then, I just can't work it out. 

Feeling really anxious, he is clearly not a well boy right now :-(

Link to CatChat