Author Topic: increasingly loud vocalisation  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Helena

• Adult Cat
    • Living With Wheels
  • Slave to: Bubz
Re: increasingly loud vocalisation
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 16:00:38 PM »
If she has been doing similar things since 08 then it might be worth asking your vet if there is a chance that they didn't remove all of her ovaries. Occasionally we have had cats where a bit of ovavian tissue has been left behind.

I had to do that back when I brought her home in '08. :( She was not amused when she slid off the sofa wearing the collar thing!

I'll hang on till she gets her jabs in December I think, but thanks for your advice.
Helen A (mainly on behalf of Bubz)

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
Re: increasingly loud vocalisation
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 16:18:42 PM »
If she has been doing similar things since 08 then it might be worth asking your vet if there is a chance that they didn't remove all of her ovaries. Occasionally we have had cats where a bit of ovavian tissue has been left behind. If this happens the cat cannot get pregnant there are still some hormones left. This could make Bubz eager to go out and act maternal to greenybluemouse. They can do tests on her hormone levels but of course this is going to cost. If it is then they can try and go in again to remove remaining tissue although it shouldn't worry her (or you  :) ) if they leave it.  If she is happy in herself at other times it may not be a priority for you to investigate further. x x
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline Helena

• Adult Cat
    • Living With Wheels
  • Slave to: Bubz
increasingly loud vocalisation
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 08:55:03 AM »
I'm worried about Bubz because  she is getting loud when she is playing with one particular toy and she has started crying to get out at night.

I've not changed her routine at all, she's not being shut in any earlier but she has begun crying to go out after I'm in bed (about 10pm).

As far as the greeny-blue mouse toy, she'll carry it arround in her mouth and mew at it in between chasing it around.

The last time she behaved like this was just before I took her to get neutered in Feb '08.

Helen
Helen A (mainly on behalf of Bubz)

Link to CatChat